JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have a couple of suppressors coming within the next year and am curious about what it costs to have a barrel threaded, heavy, and sporter?
I paid approx $50 from a machine shop down off Powell a few years ago, but it's probably $375 now due to inflation…I know this is zero help. Sry.

I have had multiple barrels threaded and or cut and threaded by Tim in Estacada. He is the only person I trust doing any work on my firearms and his prices are extremely fair.

Shameless tag.

@Velzey

I'm with Reno.
If I ever win a big lotto jackpot, I'll put Tim on a huge cash retainer just to do all my projects, and the rest of you can go pound sand.

Ditto Velzey. I've had at least two firearms threaded by him. No idea on their threading services, but I've bought a decent amount of parts from US Machine-gun and no complaints.

If you pay $30 for a thread job and trust a suppressor with it

well have fun with that
Very valid point. OP, ask the smith how much they will charge, in addition to threading, for suppressor/adaptor install and alignment. Some installs are more difficult than others. First shot suppressor removal is expensive.

If you pay $30 for a thread job and trust a suppressor with it

well have fun with that
This is the kind of thought process that price gouging, "gun smiths" look for so they can jack their prices.
There are a lot of so called gunsmiths out there that are in no way, shape or form are machinists and have no business running machines..
Dialing in a barrel and threading is not rocket science so the price and lead time should reflect as much.
As others have stated Tim @ Copland does good work, if I had to take something to a shop his would be the only one.

It will depend which type of barrel needs threaded. For the cost of removing a barrel from a receiver (bolt action), reducing the length, and cutting threads, I have seen $150 as common. A barrel that is already separate and ready to work on will be lower. For gunsmithing work I tend to agree with those who said to focus on quality and not price. It is similar to shopping for a tattoo artist.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top