JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I just acquired a nice rifle with Sako L461 short action and barrel signed by "C.C. Seitz Pendelton, Oregon" . Caliber is 17-221 Remington which I understand would be the .221 Remington Fireball necked down to .17 caliber. Feels like a one ounce trigger. All in a beautiful custom stock.
I know Seitz became pretty famous for his single shot trap shotguns and I learned that by web searches but could find no word about his rifle barrels. Can anyone shed some light?

CC "Tom" Seitz was a close friend of our family. He tragically died in a hunting accident (asphyxiation in an RV) in about 1985. Before he started building what may have been the finest trap gun ever, he was an accomplished benchrest shooter and gunsmith. He set some records in Pennsylvania with the .222 before moving out to Pendleton in the 70's. His rifles are highly respected and he was quite the innovator and a brilliant machinist/inventor/designer! After he stopped building the trap guns he made a good living rechoking trap guns and removing forcing cones in the days before screw chokes. Tom was a good man who never said a bad thing about anyone. My father did the finish work and the checkering on the first 20 ish guns Tom built. He is missed. You have a shooter there and a bit of history!

CC "Tom" Seitz was a close friend of our family. He tragically died in a hunting accident (asphyxiation in an RV) in about 1985. Before he started building what may have been the finest trap gun ever, he was an accomplished benchrest shooter and gunsmith. He set some records in Pennsylvania with the .222 before moving out to Pendleton in the 70's. His rifles are highly respected and he was quite the innovator and a brilliant machinist/inventor/designer! After he stopped building the trap guns he made a good living rechoking trap guns and removing forcing cones in the days before screw chokes. Tom was a good man who never said a bad thing about anyone. My father did the finish work and the checkering on the first 20 ish guns Tom built. He is missed. You have a shooter there and a bit of history!

Thanks so much for that. I really appreciate it. Hopefully, I will be able to acquire the dies and start shooting this baby.

Here are the pictures. DSC_2017.jpg DSC_2018.jpg DSC_2063.jpg DSC_2062.jpg

Good evening. I saw this post while searching the internet for information on my dad's work. I am Tom Seitz daughter and would love to visit with you about him sometime. My email is [email protected].

Hello, just found this forum when I searched CC Seitz. I just got a rifle in an auction. It's a Remington 600 with a CC Seitz .222 bull barrel. Any idea how many rifles he made? Thanks.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top