JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
To be honest this is the first time using these guys. I am using these in a 270 at 110gns. I am super excited to try them out. Just figured I'd show them off lol.
No crimp cause I'll just load one at a time. A OAL of 3.250 as there book suggests.
20190810_233931.jpg

Those grooves arent meant to be crimping grooves, but are areas for the copper to flow while going down the barrel. This aids in accuracy and uniform pressure. You don't have to be married to them when setting OAL, but you probably know that.

Whats nice about the TTSX and TSX is they do well accuracy-wise when they jump to the lands bs loading them near the lands as is traditionally done with cup and core type bullets.

These things are wicked on animals!

Ok load update.
I did go back and load 3 rounds with a shorter OAL.
20190813_141629.jpg

Went to the range today and has a great time. I shot other stuff but only reporting on the barnes.
20190817_133318.jpg
Shots 1,2&3 where awesome and exciting then I lifted my head on shots 4&5 so my fault. These are the 3.250 OAL

20190817_122114.jpg
These 3 where the ones I seated at 3.188 OAL looks mostly the same to me. Good day now time to play with the load data.

Barnes got back to me this is what they said

Either way that is absolutely fine when the groove is showing or not showing. The grooves are there to reduce the bearing surface and therefore lower the drag when traveling down the barrel. As a handloader you can adjust the COAL to shoot more accurately to your rifles liking.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top