JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm not, but I'm following. Those bullets from what I understand are devastating on game.

Hopefully you're aware they require a fairly decent amount of jump. I believe .050" is the minimum suggested.

I loaded some 70gr for deer hunting. The deer dropped after two steps from a well placed heart shot. 1/4 of the heart was destroyed. However, 223 solid copper will never be my first choice for a deer hunting round. Entry and exit holes were so small there was no external bleeding. If it was a lung shot, I am not sure there would have been a blood trail to track the deer in the heavy brush.

I like the 65 gr sierra gamepoint for any coyote and bigger killed a few deer with them.
Barnes will work well just shoot head, neck or high shoulder.

I like the 65 gr sierra gamepoint for any coyote and bigger killed a few deer with them.
Barnes will work well just shoot head, neck or high shoulder.
Have you taken game with the sierra gamepoint? I am just looking for something that is built for coyote and up.

If you load to mag length you will not be near the lands pressure should not be an issue if you don't go over max with your powder charge.

54642DBB-8882-45B1-9412-D1165E4C5B8B.png

My 1-10" Tikka likes the 50 grain TTSX with TAC. That's 5 shots.

Shoot something in the shoulder at a realistic distance and I can't imagine it would go far.

P

Don't worry about your bullet being too close to the lands with those. Jeeze.......

The design by nature of long copper bullets its long bullets with ogives that are set way, way back. Even in a tight chambered Wylde, the bullet will be jumping across the Mississippi River.

I did not have the best of luck getting the 70gr TSX's to shoot in one of my rifles. I always wondered if i should try them in another rifle.

I did however have excellent luck with the 62's and a compressed load of H4895. That is the only combo i tried. The rest of the box is still sitting in my bullet cabinet. Honestly they are just too expensive for me to dink around with. I cringe every time i pull the trigger.

I went the Speer Gold Dot Route for my cat hunting gun.

I am interested in all copper bullets though. I wish they sold them in bulk packs at Costco.

Remember!!!! If a bullet likes your barrel it will normally shoot pretty good with any reasonably suitable powder. Changing powders, changes how large your accuracy window is, and what velocity you get the peak accuracy at. It can also make a good shooting bullet/barrel combo a great one.

In general if you can't get a bullet to shoot ok, change bullets.

P.S. I have had great luck in the past with TAC and WSR primers. I saw velocity go up 50fps on the chrono and velocity spreads decrease down to very respectable numbers.

Blah, Blah, Blah

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads