JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
07472BAA-9DFE-4158-98A2-5E158646098F.jpeg .....blender death...bullet shot at 100 yards into 3 ft of 7/8 thick plywood slabs. 2750 fps. Bullet penetrated 16 inches before coming to rest.

Looks like impact velocity is a little low. Maybe try the 100gr TTSX? It sounds too light, but it won't shed weight like a cup and core. I've used the 130gr TTSX from a 300 Win Mag. Its absolutely devastating.

I like the expansion, how's the accuracy?

Chronograph stated 2752 FPS, but man that plywood stack was very very hard, picked up a stack of these things from trailer depot in woodland...12"x12" bocks of 3ft plywood columns, I think they were used for standing trailers up.....
Anyways...that was a max load per the Barnes book of 46 GR of RL 22....gnarly bullet....accuracy for 5 shots out of a howa 1500 6.5x55 Swede, was right at .6 moa....that's shooting off a backpack with a sand filled sock on the buttstock

Chronograph stated 2752 FPS, but man that plywood stack was very very hard, picked up a stack of these things from trailer depot in woodland...12"x12" bocks of 3ft plywood columns, I think they were used for standing trailers up.....
Anyways...that was a max load per the Barnes book of 46 GR of RL 22....gnarly bullet....accuracy for 5 shots out of a howa 1500 6.5x55 Swede, was right at .6 moa....that's shooting off a backpack with a sand filled sock on the buttstock
I wouldn't complain about that! :D

Barnes are really sweet bullets, thing is with them, ya gotta use them to kill at relatively close range so they fully petal out, or else you get "pencil" like penetration at somewhat extended ranges. I've not used them for hunting yet, just ballistic testing. Their ability to petal out like this allows u to use a much lighter bullet than you would normal go to.

Since you're using a modern actuon, have you considered using 260 Remington data? I use 7mm-08 data as a starting point in my M70 7x57. Reload manuals give some anemic loads for older cartridges.

Interesting thought, I've loaded that 6.5x55 so hot it was nipping at .270 win velocity. Killer cartridge that Swede is. Wish they made more rifles in it. Freakin accurate too, scary accurate...kinda funny as it's considered a long action round, kinda in between short action and long action length:)

I think a 125 partition would be a great bullet for the old swede. I have shot a few animals with tsx bullets with good performance but they were all under 100 yds.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top