JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm going back out to Sandy tomorrow and picking up some more. Will post some pics later in the afternoon.
The only marks on the black powder cap lock were on lock plate, so that's who we thought made it
It's the thickest barrel I've ever seen, pretty impressive.
The Aussie cadet is pretty nice, seems to function and it's the upgraded model that has the one split pin that allows you to drop the complete action out the bottom.
There's some ammo for all the guns, including .22

Last Edited:
Neglected, but still a great find......looking forward for pics and prices.

Just for grins, was there anything else of interest in that old barn?

Winchester never made a model 82. Is it possible it is a model 92? Lever action short loading gated designed for pistol cartridges like the 25-20 you show?

Sure be interesting to see the photos.

Lots of rodeo gear like lasso's, saddles, beaded Indian ceremonial gloves, boots, etc.
Old rodeo posters, trophy's, chaps and Stetson hats. Leather rifle/shotgun scabbards
Plus a lot of odds and ends that was accumulated over 100 years, plus all of the farm/ranch stuff.
The Winchester model 82 might be a model 92, hard to tell at the time, it was really dim in the old shed.
Will get some pics this afternoon.

Sorry, that would be a nearby farm up off of McCabe Rd.
There was a 57 Chevy Del Ray with only 18,000 miles on it.
The owner died in 1961 and the widow didn't drive. It just sat in the barn under a canvas tarp.
Some nephew scored that.

Here's a couple to start with.
Remington model 48 sportsman
Winchester model 97 pump 12 gage
Carcano 6.5 Scout Carbine
Australian Cadet .32 Win Special
Arminius "German made" 44 Magnum "Colt SA" clone
guns 1st pics 002.JPG

Not easy to tell for sure but they look pretty good, given they're history!
Ahh, after seeing the later photos, some of them are definatly rough. That's really too bad.

I should have titled it " The Good, the Bad and the Ugly"
Prices are going to very reasonable, I just need to figure out what some are worth.
A couple have lost a screw, one shotgun needs a friction ring, there are some farm table repairs, but all in all, it's better to be dragged out of the barn now and sold as is, then hauled down to the next gun turn in.
I wish that this forum allowed sale ads that didn't have a stated price, because I really don't want to list these on Armslist or OutdoorsTrader.

I'm not keeping them, I'm trying to move them as as fast as possible without giving them away.
This is a favor to my friends neighbor. He has his hands full dealing with all of the farm stuff.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top