JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
Benjamin Franklin

Seems like just about every brewpub out there sells "growlers" these days, refillable 64 oz. glass jugs for getting quality tapped beer to go.

For those who bring their own jugs, the prices I've seen seem to run around $8-11 for a rinse and fill. But I've also stumbled over refills as low as $5 at certain times in the right places. Price is certainly not the prime consideration in buying good beer, but consider skipping all the recycling, bottle/can deposits, etc. You're supporting a local brewer, and it's usually much better and fresher (if you keep it cold and consume it in 36-48 hours. Even in a capped jug, tapped beer goes flat if you let it).

I looked online for a database of growler specials in the Portland area and found something very old with a difficult little map full of glitches that kept highlighting the same 2 places downtown. And nothing to indicate how outdated the info was.

Something cool to add to the off-topic board here might be notifications about places with specials. Like this...

The Ram in Puyallup, WA, 64-oz. growlers for $5.50 on Fri/Sat eves as of 08-27-2011.

Would love to see this around Portland, or anywhere people read this board. Cheers!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top