JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You are getting a nice smoke ring on that brisket!
I use my old Traegar 'Lil Tex, since you are using wood pellets the smoking part is as easy as pouring pellets into the hopper. There are a number of pellet flavors too, though I tend to stick with Hickory, mesquite, Oak. Alder for salmon.

All these food pictures are driving me :nuts: Holidays are coming and I am unable to cook a thing :(

Industrial accident at work and down to one leg and one hand for a few months. I thought vacations were supposed to be fun :s0114:

Keep the pics coming it makes me look forward to the day I can pull out the Weber and make some smoke :s0155:

How 'bout some fajitas?

fajita_01_zpsbdefada9.jpg

fajita_02_zpsdf3c40bf.jpg

Flank steak, onions, peppers and a few chipotle chili's (with adobo) all grilled up using just the bottom portion of the WSM. The cast iron wok goes right on the coals after the steak is done grilling (hot & fast). The steak rests while the veg sizzles. By the time you've got the steak sliced the rest of it is ready to go. Wrap it in tortillas and chow down. :s0155:

Food is good, especially barbeque. I grew up in southern California and really miss all the wonderful places to eat. Moved to rural Oregon in 2005 and now have to fend for myself. It sure did get me into cooking. For the last several years I've been using a Weber bullet for my barbecue fix and only recently been back into grilling. Here's the Weber bullet in action:

xmas_08_01_zps90f22751.jpg
Smoking a ham on Christmas morning 2008.

It works great for low & slow barbeque but it can be a lot of work. Just the wife & I to cook for and it's silly spending 12 hours on a 14 pound brisket. Lots of left-overs so we did get a food saver for freezing pulled pork and the like, but it's a lot of work. Here's a picture of a brisket:

brisket_03_zpsd5d2d126.jpg

Tri-tip is a great alternative. Three pounds of meat in half an hour, very doable after working all day. A cocktail or two while cooking doesn't hurt either. My goal with the tri-tip was to do it like a BBQ joint I used to frequent in So Cal called <broken link removed>. I'm getting close. Check out the pictures of his stuff on the link. Mind-blowing good food, the yams were something special. Have to try them next. I sure miss that place!

Once again my tri-tip from last night:
tri_tip_02_zps29781c75.jpg

Tell us about your barbeque. :s0155:

I must say, Rufus, that's professional-grade bark on your brisket. You can't coach that.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top