JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Every gun forum needs at least one barbeque thread. Why?

Gun owners typically:
  • Eat meat
  • Like playing with fire
Two reasons are enough. There are many more, but these two justify everything at a primitive level. It's a fact: guns and barbeque just go together.

Common weekend morning occurrence at my house.

Usually smoke'n brisket...

...or a pork butt.

Anyone else into barbecue? If so, whatcha cooking? Let's see those BBQ guns!

Oh yes - just put a couple thick pork sirloins in the Little Chief to smoke all afternoon prior to BBQ. I am really into BBQing and do something different all the time. My next step will be to custom design and fab my own BBQ/Smoker. I plan on something that will have the ability to cold smoke as well as to hot smoke/BBQ. Also I plan to start mixing my own injectable marinades and making my own dry rubs.

oh yeah food!
all from my pit.

100_3798 (Small).jpg

100_3807 (Medium).jpg

100_3292 (Small).jpg

100_5970 (Small).jpg

100_7824 (Medium).jpg

I have a Treager and love it! We mainly do brisket, baby back ribs, spare ribs, and occasionally pork butt. If I could only afford a MAK...

Looking good in here! :s0155:

Just picked-up some charcoal and smoke wood yesterday and thinking about cooking something this weekend. Hummmm, what sounds good...?

If you need BBQ fuel / wood and have a "Do It Best" hardware store nearby, use their ship-to-store feature for free shipping.

Check this out:
Shipping and Handling: $0
Total: $35.97

Just buy on-line then wait about three days for the email saying "come get it". Hard to beat!

Here's one of my favorites - Grilled Chipotle Fajitas

I guarantee these are the best fajitas you've ever had. Quick and easy, but it does take a little prep-work to get it right.

What you need:

Prep:
Marinade the flank steak for at least four hours, overnight is best. Two hours before cooking, place one chipotle pepper and about a teaspoon of the adobo sauce into a large zip-lock bag and mash it up with your fingers. Add a table spoon of olive oil to the bag and mix up with pepper and adobo. Slice onions and bell peppers into wedges, place in zip-lock bag and let marinate in olive oil/chipotle pepper/adobo mix.

Veggies and flank steak in marinate mode.

Flank steak likes a real hot grill. Here I've converted my low & slow Webber smoker into a grill by simply placing the rack right on the charcoal ring.

Grill flank steak hot & heavy, no more than 3 minutes per side.

Remove from heat and let rest. Meanwhile, I put a cast iron wok directly in the hot coals and let it get extra hot - about 10 minutes in the fire.

Slide the onions & bell peppers into the hot wok, stir often.

While the veggies cook, slice the rested flank steak thin and against the grain. Stir those veggies!

By the time the flank steak is sliced, everything is ready. Wrap it all up in some warm flour tortillas and pig out.

If you like things spicy (I do), add a chipotle pepper or two and some adobo sauce right out of the can into your fajita wraps.

Try this and restaurant fajitas will never satisfy again. :D

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top