JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
This was a 17 pounder that I put in the barbecue at 7:00 this morning. Pulled it at 4:00, rested for a hour and carved it up.

Most went into food-saver bags and into the freezer for later. Made the mother of all BBQ sandwiches for dinner, with beans and macaroni salad. So full right now...

have you tried the Flat Iron Steak cut?

I've tried it, prefer flank steak (almost the same thing). In fact, flank is my favorite cut of beef.

I make wicked chipotle fajita burritos using marinated flank (chipotle marinade with whole peppers), bell peppers, and onion:

Also into pulled pork

I'm planning on gaining a few pounds this summer. :s0155:

Though I love flank steak, anytime I can get my hands on REAL, Long, Low and Slowly cooked brisket..............(my family likes smoked/BBQ in VERY small quantities....I on the other hand could make it every meal I eat till I die).....it's the BOMB!

Though I love flank steak, anytime I can get my hands on REAL, Long, Low and Slowly cooked brisket..............(my family likes smoked/BBQ in VERY small quantities....I on the other hand could make it every meal I eat till I die).....it's the BOMB!

I know what you mean. This is where the food saver is worth its weight in gold. It's the same amount of work to barbeque a small meal as it is a whopper like the 17 pounder above, so why not go big and freeze most for later. When cooking pork, I'll do up to four butts at a time.

I have lots of pork in the freezer and just restocked the brisket, so now any time can whip-up killer BBQ in minutes. Just take out of the freezer and boil-in-bag for maybe 15 minutes at most and ta-da! Just as good as the day it was cooked.

I cook for just the wife and myself (oh yeah and the dog) so this is a very inexpensive way to make the most of the BBQ experience.

I know what you mean. This is where the food saver is worth its weight in gold. It's the same amount of work to barbeque a small meal as it is a whopper like the 17 pounder above, so why not go big and freeze most for later. When cooking pork, I'll do up to four butts at a time.

I have lots of pork in the freezer and just restocked the brisket, so now any time can whip-up killer BBQ in minutes. Just take out of the freezer and boil-in-bag for maybe 15 minutes at most and ta-da! Just as good as the day it was cooked.

I cook for just the wife and myself (oh yeah and the dog) so this is a very inexpensive way to make the most of the BBQ experience.

Man I like your style!

Rufus that is a beautiful brisket. You can tell it is slow cooked by the layer of pink next to the bark. A slow cooked brisket is the best. You are making me hungry. I am going to have to go to Goldie's now in Vancouver for a brisket fix.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top