Barbecue Brisket

Reactions
This was a 17 pounder that I put in the barbecue at 7:00 this morning. Pulled it at 4:00, rested for a hour and carved it up.

Most went into food-saver bags and into the freezer for later. Made the mother of all BBQ sandwiches for dinner, with beans and macaroni salad. So full right now...

OP
R
Reactions
have you tried the Flat Iron Steak cut?
I've tried it, prefer flank steak (almost the same thing). In fact, flank is my favorite cut of beef.

I make wicked chipotle fajita burritos using marinated flank (chipotle marinade with whole peppers), bell peppers, and onion:

Also into pulled pork

I'm planning on gaining a few pounds this summer. :s0155:

Reactions
Though I love flank steak, anytime I can get my hands on REAL, Long, Low and Slowly cooked brisket..............(my family likes smoked/BBQ in VERY small quantities....I on the other hand could make it every meal I eat till I die).....it's the BOMB!

OP
R
Reactions
Though I love flank steak, anytime I can get my hands on REAL, Long, Low and Slowly cooked brisket..............(my family likes smoked/BBQ in VERY small quantities....I on the other hand could make it every meal I eat till I die).....it's the BOMB!
I know what you mean. This is where the food saver is worth its weight in gold. It's the same amount of work to barbeque a small meal as it is a whopper like the 17 pounder above, so why not go big and freeze most for later. When cooking pork, I'll do up to four butts at a time.

I have lots of pork in the freezer and just restocked the brisket, so now any time can whip-up killer BBQ in minutes. Just take out of the freezer and boil-in-bag for maybe 15 minutes at most and ta-da! Just as good as the day it was cooked.

I cook for just the wife and myself (oh yeah and the dog) so this is a very inexpensive way to make the most of the BBQ experience.

Reactions
I know what you mean. This is where the food saver is worth its weight in gold. It's the same amount of work to barbeque a small meal as it is a whopper like the 17 pounder above, so why not go big and freeze most for later. When cooking pork, I'll do up to four butts at a time.

I have lots of pork in the freezer and just restocked the brisket, so now any time can whip-up killer BBQ in minutes. Just take out of the freezer and boil-in-bag for maybe 15 minutes at most and ta-da! Just as good as the day it was cooked.

I cook for just the wife and myself (oh yeah and the dog) so this is a very inexpensive way to make the most of the BBQ experience.
Man I like your style!

ron

Reactions
  • Woke Up Like This
  • Instant Updates
Rufus that is a beautiful brisket. You can tell it is slow cooked by the layer of pink next to the bark. A slow cooked brisket is the best. You are making me hungry. I am going to have to go to Goldie's now in Vancouver for a brisket fix.

UPCOMING EVENTS

Cerberus Training Group - Run the Gun Rifle
Cerberus Training Group
47 Cattle Dr, Goldendale, WA 98620, USA
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Gun Show
Battleground Community Center
912 E Main St, Battle Ground, WA 98604, USA
Albany Rifle & Pistol Club (ARPC) Gun Show
Linn County Expo Center
3700 Knox Butte Rd E, Albany, OR 97322, USA

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• 36 Pit
    4.00 star(s)
    Went here this morning. This was my first time shooting on public land in Oregon. The guys from Trash No Land were there as well as other...
  • HighLine Firearms
    5.00 star(s)
    Good prices, interesting items
    I like taking a drive through farm country to this spot... nice selection.
    • kbf64
  • HighLine Firearms
    5.00 star(s)
    Good Friday!
    Had a great first time visit that included a transfer, a special order, and some trading. Can't wait to come back! Also I realized after I got...
  • HighLine Firearms
    5.00 star(s)
    Upstanding Vendor!
    Have worked with this business twice and both times were outstanding! Will definitely keep going to him when I'm up in that area! Shoot, will...
  • Oregon Arms & Ammunition
    5.00 star(s)
    Hellcat OSP
    I almost put "Limited "Covid induced" inventory" as a Con, but thought that wouldn't really be fair to them! The aftermath of Covid has depleted...
Top Bottom