JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'll confess right from the get go. I did NOT read through all the posts in the suppressor forum, and would rather not. My questions and concerns may be similar, but not in my case. I know nothing about them, however, I know I need one. I'm hoping for some good suggestions.

My Banshee 300 9mm needs a muffler. Optimally for 9 and 45 calibers.
If I can be swayed caliber specific, I may listen more.

Thanks in advance for any guidance.

I'll confess right from the get go. I did NOT read through all the posts in the suppressor forum, and would rather not. My questions and concerns may be similar, but not in my case. I know nothing about them, however, I know I need one. I'm hoping for some good suggestions.

My Banshee 300 9mm needs a muffler. Optimally for 9 and 45 calibers.
If I can be swayed caliber specific, I may listen more.

Thanks in advance for any guidance.
how bout the osprey 45 or omega k? im partial to silencerco.

i run a hybrid 46 on everything

I'd say it comes down to whether you want to be able to clean it or not.

There are a couple really great 9mm cans on the market. Some you can take apart and clean, so you can use it on sub calibers like 22. Some you can't and they don't recommend using it with 22.

Then there is weight and strength. IE steel vs aluminum.

I dig the Liberty Cosmic. Similar to the hybrid 46 but user serviceable and more geared towards handgun calibers.
the liberty mystic mx2600 was on my list but ultimately went with the hybrid because i mostly use it on rifles. its a fully welded can. 7mm mag and 300 win mag are still loud to those who are around it, the shooter doesnt NEED ear pro though. its very pleasant to shoot 308 win through it. i love shootin subsonic blk thru it.

One thing I'll say for buying a silencer is.

The longer you wait to buy it, the longer the wait to get it.

Can I ask why you are going 9mm instead of 45?
I considered getting the 45 model, I do have 45's and, well, I'd have to buy new barrels.

I decided to get the SilencerCo Hybrid 46 and cover all the bases in one go.
Still will need new barrels. All in due time.

I did not buy today. The dealer could not log into SilencerShop. They were using Chrome. No idea. I left.
Next week I'll try again.

Look for a Silencershop dealer or find an FFL w/SOT that does transfers at a reasonable cost. If you go the latter route I'd purchase from Capitol Armory or Hansohn Brothers.

I personally won't be buying anything from Silencerco ever again. They are not what they used to be. YMMV

I plan to purchase through SilencerShop via South Sound Guns.
Funny, as soon as I got to my desktop, I had no issue logging in--to Silencershop.

@erslll, I ordered the AAC Ti-Rant 45M. Just made better sense, so thanks for your previous post.

Now the wait begins.

Those who shared worthwhile input, thanks!

Last Edited:
@erslll, I ordered the AAC Ti-Rant 45M. Just made better sense, so thanks for your previous post.

Now the wait begins.

Those who shared worthwhile input, thanks!

I am no expert but I imagine I will eventually have a pistol silencer and it just makes sense to cover all the bases to me. Not bad mouthing the Hybrid because I know guys really like them but I think when I do get a pistol silencer, it will be a pistol silencer. I have a rifle silencer already so that base is covered. ;)

The one other thing I do know is that shooting smaller calibers through a bigger caliber silencer doesn't seem to make that much difference. I know that if you were to get really technical, there probably is a difference but I can't hear it.

I was thinking along the same logic, after a jab in the ribs.
I wanted a dedicated 9mm rig, and that was my original plan. Then after watching more vids, the Hybrid 46 got stuck in my head.
Then the cost of all the adapters, they would add up.

Then I looked into the Liberty Mystic X, then the Infinity X, being it was much lighter. The place I purchased, they had nowhere to order one, so I went with the Ti-Rant 45M. I like the idea of a dedicated rifle can, for less messing about, all the way round.

I'll be looking into a can for 223 through 7.62 and up in the next few months.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top