JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
This the mindset of liberal democrats in the Oregon Legislature: Make sure you contact your Representative to let them know what you think about the plan to outlaw lead ammo in Oregon::mad::mad:

Thank you for writing to me about California's ban on "traditional" ammunition. I have to admit that I don't follow the California legislature very closely; I have enough to worry about closer to home.

Please know that I am not in favor of banning ammunition outright, nor do I support any "backdoor" gun control. I do, however, favor a ban on using lead ammunition for hunting. This is already standard practice for waterfowl and I think it makes sense for other game species as well. Wounded and un-retrieved small game, as well as gut piles from big game are magnets for scavengers and predators. Any lead in their bodies gets passed into the food chain and accumulates, especially in apex predators. Lead is a potent and well-understood toxin in both people and wildlife. Keeping lead out of that cycle and protecting our wildlife is responsible resource management, not an attack on anyone's outdoor recreation.

I understand that reasonable people will disagree with me on this issue. Thank you for taking the time to write and share your views.

Warm regards,
:s0014:
David

Rep. David Gomberg
Oregon House District 10
900 Court St NE H-371
Salem, OR 97301
541-921-2038

There was some info I saw somewhere about California's ban that basically said that a study showing no direct link between lead hunting ammo and CA Condor lead toxicity was improperly posted (too late) to deter their ban. This just news just came out in the last month or so and I haven't relocated it yet.

I'll post it when I find it.

Bullets and shot shells are two different issues. MILLIONS of BB get shot out every year and waterfowl where the birds (and fish) can ingest them while feeding off the bottom.

Hunting with a rifle only shoots one, maybe two rounds for a kill... If you evn get a kill. Drastically different amounts of projectiles being spent in those activities.

That lead shot not only out numbers the number of bullets shot, but they are shot in the same place year after year after year. That could cause an accumulation of lead and therefore a concentration. I've been hunting for 50 years and I don't think I've ever had the opportunity to shoot a deer in the same place. Lead shot and bullets is apple and oranges.

This the mindset of liberal democrats in the Oregon Legislature: Make sure you contact your Representative to let them know what you think about the plan to outlaw lead ammo in Oregon::mad::mad:

Thank you for writing to me about California's ban on "traditional" ammunition. I have to admit that I don't follow the California legislature very closely; I have enough to worry about closer to home.

Please know that I am not in favor of banning ammunition outright, nor do I support any "backdoor" gun control. I do, however, favor a ban on using lead ammunition for hunting. This is already standard practice for waterfowl and I think it makes sense for other game species as well. Wounded and un-retrieved small game, as well as gut piles from big game are magnets for scavengers and predators. Any lead in their bodies gets passed into the food chain and accumulates, especially in apex predators. Lead is a potent and well-understood toxin in both people and wildlife. Keeping lead out of that cycle and protecting our wildlife is responsible resource management, not an attack on anyone's outdoor recreation.

I understand that reasonable people will disagree with me on this issue. Thank you for taking the time to write and share your views.

Warm regards,
:s0014:
David

Rep. David Gomberg
Oregon House District 10
900 Court St NE H-371
Salem, OR 97301
541-921-2038

WOW, he is not from around Portland. He represents the area around Newport on the coast. If even reps from rural districts are lining up to support this, I don't know how we are going to be able to stop it.

The bottom line difference here is that there was plenty of valid science that showed that lead shotgun pellets were causing mass poisoning of waterfowl.

And no such data exists regarding the use of lead ammo in hunting rifles.

We are being fed ONE BIG FAT LIE!!

WOW, he is not from around Portland. He represents the area around Newport on the coast. If even reps from rural districts are lining up to support this, I don't know how we are going to be able to stop it.

The bottom line difference here is that there was plenty of valid science that showed that lead shotgun pellets were causing mass poisoning of waterfowl.

And no such data exists regarding the use of lead ammo in hunting rifles.

We are being fed ONE BIG FAT LIE!!

You might be surprised to find out how liberal the area around Newport, and Yachats is. Lots of urban liberals retire there. Tillamook too. I went on a weekend trip with the wifey and found the mindset and vibe down there more like Portland than I expected.

California's ban of lead ammunition has failed (AB821)to decrease or manifest any correlated risk to the Condors or for that matter any game animals. Continuing studies reveal other sources of lead have contributed to Condor mortality….not hunter's ammunition. It is my belief, that Oregon's new push to ban lead ammunition along with the initiative to introduce California Condors into our air space is nothing short of a well planned war on hunters. Just as the ban on cougar hunting, and the introduction of Canadian Gray Wolves into Oregon have had damaging effects on our deer and elk herds, neutering hunters will further damage our ability to manage Oregon game. A quick review of the increased licensing fees for hunters and fishermen reveals the already high pressure against hunters in this State. USFS has increased the number of road closures and ODFW has SWAT teams. How much more blatant does it get?

There is a host of available info on the net about this issue. I found it before I wrote the above to Brad Witt, District 31 Rep. Taku also had several links about lead and game animals. Write those Reps guys. The Demo-Nazis are winding in a whole ball of twine this year. They want the Western corridor to be their dominion. We are basically under siege. Reconquista.

They have pretty much taken over the entire coast for their own little Moscow.
Want to know how to get it back....... Get your hands dirty................
You won't get it back any other way. BS and rhetoric won't do it.

What does that even mean? If he understands that reasonable people will disagree with him on the issue shouldn't that be an indication that its a bad idea? How does that even work?

Maybe now we'll start getting more 2A support from the hunting community. Let's face it, some hunters agree that registration is OK, and that "black rifles" aren't needed for hunting. With proposed legislation like this, and the standard BS answers from politicians, let's hope that it's becoming clearer to more people that this has nothing to do with safety, the children, or wildlife preservation. It's about control and political posturing. Nothing else.

There is a movement among the forest service administrators to expand their reach by doing things like closing access roads (cannot do alone), telling miners they have to pull out all their gear at the end of the season (no authority here either), that they cannot use certain streams for mining or other recreation because they are navigable rivers with fish spawning areas (even when those streams are neither), or general law enforcement. Especially on federal lands.

As for the forest service closing roads, they must have agreement from the Sheriff and county commission first. Otherwise it is an illegal closure.

note: if you have received a ticket from an Oregon state forest service person on federal forest land, for not wearing a seat-belt for example, let me know as I know other people who are looking for the right case to use to get a court decision on the state force service jurisdiction on federal land.

Ok. Back to the main focus of this thread. :)

The heck with it. Pull this crap in Montana, Wyoming, Texas or Oklahoma and you'll find your corpse is a shallow grave way the frick in the backwoods!
Sadly folks this is the Demoncraps at work. It's time to open your eyes:mad:

The problem is caused by the stupid voters. more and more of the voters are stupid and that is from TV and the movies. Any body familiar with the Agenda 21 Treaty . Chase all the people off the lands and in to city where they will become stupid and easy to control.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top