JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
In either case, Ebay retribution use to occur all the time (ie, someone would give a low rating and get one in return for no reason) till they made it a one way street. Still has some inequities in the new version, but they are different now.

I quit selling on eBay since you can't give honest feedback as a seller.

Admittedly, I have fumbled on a meeting I arranged. I woke up late (I work graveyard) and completely missed the meet up. I sent an apology and offered to make new arrangements where I would delivery to his side of town (Milwaukie->Hilsboro) at a time convenient for him. Never got a response...I felt like I had done the most I could offer to make it right. Gave it a few weeks to give him a chance to respond then the item went back up for sale.

As opposed to you, who is just pissing and moaning in hopes that he changes.

He's on here pointing out that the feedback system is fundamentally flawed. He's pointing it out on said website in hopes that it can be fixed and corrected.

What do you suggest he do instead? Write his congressman?
Go to yelp?
Start a petition on a 3rd party site?
Accept that it sucks, never say anything, and hope that his opinions are transferred through telepathic osmosis?

I do not hope he changes nor do I care, the feedback system works for me.
I don't have to do anything because I am not bittching about anything.
You two illustrate my point exactly. Don't offer a solution, just bellyache and hope "they" change it. If you don't have the nadz to post what really happened in the Feedback nothing will change.

Looks to me like neither party gives too much of an explanation for the reason of the negative feedback. If one of the parties had at least explained a little it would be fairly easy to make a judgement when viewing feedback.
To me this just looks like a pissing match between two fellers that didn't see eye to eye.

When I post an ad or reply to an ad I use my cel phone. Every time that I can remember I had the other party's cel number in my phone and would be able to make contact if I was running late. I used it a time or two when I was and I've have received a call when the other party is a delayed a little.

Communication is the key.

Sorry it didn't work that way for the OP. I still think the feedback comment was far too short.

Last Edited:
The problem with leaving a neg, is they do it back to seek their revenge and nothing is fixed. I got neg'd because I drove to Salem to meet for a deal that was OFFERED TO ME, and buyer shows up with ~1/2 of what his offer was because he "forgot". It sucks I got a neg for it, but hopefully this helps the next person.

Feedback, is just that. Live lone enough, and someone will always have internet sales problems.. Ebay, small and large sellers alike get a negative feedback once in awhile when something.. shipping, or other problems arise. I have been on here for 3 years now and if someone has a problem with me, or a deal, or dealing let me know.. I would give money back or walk away..within reasonable timing. Used items are USED.. Any representation is just that.. A buyer and seller, need to BEWARE.. One's knowledge is constantly being improved through use.. Good luck, live long enough to learn all of LIFES lessons.. just my.o2c

Short version of what happened: I asked if We could meet up the next day. He said ok he gets off work at 5. Then I asked "if it was ok to look at the gun first before buying". He said it was fine. Then I said "cool call/text me". This was all done through pm's and I pm'ed him my number earlier. What I shouldve done was asked for his number also but I figure with 100% feedback he wouldn't flake. Anyway I got no call/text or pm's. The next day he pm'ed me... Sold.

To ME arranging to LOOK at something doesn't constitute a DEAL, but then again, if I agree to meet for a LOOK, then sell to someone else first, I would try my best to let the first party know it was already gone. It sounds like you had not spoken to each other(?). For ME a meeting is never finalized until we have actually spoken on the phone. Given this I feel like your neg feedback is unjustified.

P.S. 100% feedback on 5 transactions with a total of 41 posts is HARDLY, what I'd call "GOLDEN", mostly I'd say you both sound like a couple newbs that got your wires crossed.

If the item is not as described ( beat up) I will not complete the purchase... If that is being a Flake then so be it.

Proves photos mean crap............... So many people want photos and like most people and including myself own some form of photoshop. Every gun I have bought looked different than the photo.

I can make any gun look like brand new or steal a pic from anywhere on the net and nobody would know until you go to buy it.

To ME arranging to LOOK at something doesn't constitute a DEAL, but then again, if I agree to meet for a LOOK, then sell to someone else first, I would try my best to let the first party know it was already gone. It sounds like you had not spoken to each other(?). For ME a meeting is never finalized until we have actually spoken on the phone. Given this I feel like your neg feedback is unjustified.

P.S. 100% feedback on 5 transactions with a total of 41 posts is HARDLY, what I'd call "GOLDEN", mostly I'd say you both sound like a couple newbs that got your wires crossed.

When it comes to buying and selling, I aint no noob. I've been doing that for many years now. When I'm the seller I'm always fair and go to the first person, then 2nd, 3rd, etc...

When it comes to buying and selling, I aint no noob. I've been doing that for many years now. When I'm the seller I'm always fair and go to the first person, then 2nd, 3rd, etc...

Me too, the first person that says "I'll take it" gets first crack. The guy that says "I'll look at it" can do so if it's still available. A bird in the hand--if you will. If I say "I'll take it", and I show up and the item isn't as described, I'll say so and either re-negotiate or pass. And I would expect a buyer to do the same for me if I'm the seller.

I don't know if I'm just reading this wrong. But it seems like you are mostly angry because the seller sold then gun out from under you while you were uncommitted.

If I got a call that said "I want to look at it' just before I got a call saying 'I want to buy it', I'd put off the window shopper till I've finished someone waving cash (an amount already specified by me) in my face. As a seller, I should state condition and price. As a buyer, you should agree to this before meeting. Certainly you can withdraw from a transaction if condition is not as specified and further face to face negociation fail but if you're not commited to the deal "as stated", you're wasting everyones time.

Me too, the first person that says "I'll take it" gets first crack. The guy that says "I'll look at it" can do so if it's still available. A bird in the hand--if you will. If I say "I'll take it", and I show up and the item isn't as described, I'll say so and either re-negotiate or pass. And I would expect a buyer to do the same for me if I'm the seller.

I don't know if I'm just reading this wrong. But it seems like you are mostly angry because the seller sold then gun out from under you while you were uncommitted.

Ok if I were to type the whole conversation it would take forever. The reason why I was angry is because I asked if it was ok to check out the gun first before buying and he agreed. You can't just go by pictures you know what I mean? Anyway the seller probably assumed that I was either gonna offer or not buy... But that's just it, the seller didn't know what was going to happen. Someone else probably offered his asking or maybe more and he just went with that.

Ok if I were to type the whole conversation it would take forever. The reason why I was angry is because I asked if it was ok to check out the gun first before buying and he agreed. You can't just go by pictures you know what I mean? Anyway the seller probably assumed that I was either gonna offer or not buy... But that's just it, the seller didn't know what was going to happen. Someone else probably offered his asking or maybe more and he just went with that.
I guess you should have locked it up with an "I'll take it", if both of you show up and it's not like he stated, DON'T take it, either re-negotiate (letting him know it's not as you expected from his description) or pass. If you were hoping to show up and negotiate a lower price and someone in the mean time offered full price and bought it, that's just a case of "you snooze, you lose". Regardless, it doesn't seem either of you should have left negative feedback, maybe you two could take this up with a moderator and get it removed.

i agree. "i'll take it" is signed sealed delivered, unless it just looks/functions like crap then i would renegotiate or pass. thats only if it wasn't advertised as crappy.

OK so I reply to and ad for item for sale I said (I'll take it) he replys with ok it's yours in a pm with his phone number so I try to call only to find the number is BOGUS and no longer in service so I send him a pm back because he has (closed the ad with sold)
and say hay your number does not work hope the ad is closed because I said (I'll take it) NO sorry someone else pm'ed just before you and I sold it to him . what kind of bubblegum is that

OK so I reply to and ad for item for sale I said (I'll take it) he replys with ok it's yours in a pm with his phone number so I try to call only to find the number is BOGUS and no longer in service so I send him a pm back because he has (closed the ad with sold)
and say hay your number does not work hope the ad is closed because I said (I'll take it) NO sorry someone else pm'ed just before you and I sold it to him . what kind of bubblegum is that

so he hasn't pm'ed you back with an explanation? if you posted "i'll take it" and are willing to meet within 24hrs or how ever long the seller was willing to wait then it should've been yours. the bogus number sounds strange and blatantly flake. yeah, i dont know what to tell ya. if i understand you correctly, it seems like its grounds for a negative feedback. i think asking a mod before posting a neg feedback is a good idea too.

i had one member post an "i'll take it" and then back out right before we met. sucks. another time a member pm'ed me and convinced me to ship it, even though i said i wasn't going to. i turn down an "i'll take it" from another local member because i already agreed to ship the part to the more distant member. i kicked myself in the arse because that distant forum member flaked sending payment and didn't reply to my pm's for almost two weeks. he eventually replied back apologizing saying he completely forgot. he sounded genuine and i let it go. no negative feed back. it still sucks. but at least they still told me instead of ignoring the situation.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top