Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Banned?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by FA9, Aug 22, 2011.

1. FA9

FA9 Hillsburrito, ORgun Well-Known Member

Flakers should be banned. Sorry had to vent.

2. wayoutwest

wayoutwest Polk County, Oregon Active Member

You call that venting? Rant away, get it out of your system.

3. FA9

Ok, here's one. This happened a little while ago and the reason why I'm venting because I still see the dude posting on here selling things. Anyway, we planned when, where and what time to meet. When that day came I got no call/text. So finally I texted him, and he changed his mind. Here's the thing though, I was at the coast for the weekend and came back early to meet up and well...

No names please, so don't ask who it was.

4. CAL30M1

CAL30M1 Longview, WA Active Member

I've had two similar experiences here as well. I belong to some other forums where you have to pay dues to use the classifieds. It's not a whole lot of money but it helps weed out the riff-raff.

5. rdb241

rdb241 Puyallup Washington Gold Supporter Gold Supporter

A couple of times, when meeting up with somebody, I got caught in traffic and was late. Luckily the guy's hung in there for about 15min for me to show. In my opinion, 15 min grace is good enough. Any more than that, even for myself, it would be a no show. I also agree that when meeting up with somebody, exchange phone numbers. It makes things so much easier when you can talk to the other person. Let them know you are on your way and are going to be late. At least both parties are on the same page.

6. U201494

U201494 Well-Known Member

The Feedback system here works and will usually weed out the flakes or make them change.
    If you had a negative experience inform the other party of your intent to post negative feedback and see if you can't work it out.
    If you have a bad experience and are unwilling to post negative feedback when deserved, do not bellyache about it.

orygun, U201492, Blitzkrieg and 3 others like this.
  7. Redcap

Redcap Lewis County, WA Well-Known Member

Welcome to buying/selling things on the internet.

8. ejmpnu92

ejmpnu92 Hillsboro, Or Active Member

It happens both ways. A little, "sorry not interested" would go a long ways, as opposed to silence. I now have 3 people I will never sell/buy from.

9. drew

drew OR Well-Known Member

Thats pretty bad. If the guy decided not to sell after establishing a meeting, he should have notified you. I like to trade phone numbers. If I'm running late, I'll call. If I'm backing out of a deal, I would apologize instead of letting you show up to a meeting I'm skipping.

I'd appreciate the same but I understand that there will always be flakes. Hopefully, there aren't too many here.

10. jimwsea

jimwsea Vancouver, Washington state Active Member

...or you make an agreement to make a purchase for the seller's advertised price, then the seller disappears on you because someone else called them and offered them more money.

Caveman Jim likes this.
  11. FA9

Ok so I just got burned again and I finally decided to try this iTrader and leave a neg feedback. I usually just bite my tounge and say whatever. Next thing I know he gave me a neg feedback?!? I knew that was going to happen. The iTrader is complete BS.

12. FA9

+1

I think this what just happened to me...

13. PhysicsGuy

PhysicsGuy Corvallis, OR Resident Science Nut

Negative feedback is always a good idea if felt it is deserved. It helps buyers/sellers keep an eye out for each other

14. U201494

U201494 Well-Known Member

Well then you are doing what you think is best......... piss and moan and hope it changes. Let us know how that works out.

15. FA9

Piss and moan?!? Wtf all I'm trying to say is that theres a flaw with the feedback system...

16. MrNiceGuy

MrNiceGuy between springfield and shelbyville Well-Known Member

As opposed to you, who is just pissing and moaning in hopes that he changes.

He's on here pointing out that the feedback system is fundamentally flawed. He's pointing it out on said website in hopes that it can be fixed and corrected.

What do you suggest he do instead? Write his congressman?
    Go to yelp?
    Start a petition on a 3rd party site?
    Accept that it sucks, never say anything, and hope that his opinions are transferred through telepathic osmosis?

17. billcoe

billcoe PDX Platinum Supporter Platinum Supporter

I had to look. I see he posted "poor communication"...wondering if you guys just got your signals crossed? In either case, Ebay retribution use to occur all the time (ie, someone would give a low rating and get one in return for no reason) till they made it a one way street. Still has some inequities in the new version, but they are different now.

Best to all

18. samuelm16

samuelm16 se pdx Well-Known Member

when i first joined this site i had a meet up planned for the zoo waited for two hours no call no show not even a sorry i was irate as ****

19. FA9

Short version of what happened: I asked if We could meet up the next day. He said ok he gets off work at 5. Then I asked "if it was ok to look at the gun first before buying". He said it was fine. Then I said "cool call/text me". This was all done through pm's and I pm'ed him my number earlier. What I shouldve done was asked for his number also but I figure with 100% feedback he wouldn't flake. Anyway I got no call/text or pm's. The next day he pm'ed me... Sold.

20. deen_ad

deen_ad Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

I agree, the last time I bought a shotgun I drove to Chehalis, got there about on time but the seller was late so he called me. He forgot about a dental appt. Still got there within about 20 min of the set time so no problem.