JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions

So you were wondering how some of these mass shooters could afford their guns/ammo/etc.?

The shooter who terrorized a Colorado movie theater in 2012 charged more than $9,000 worth of guns, ammunition and tactical gear in the two months leading up to his attack that killed 12 and injured 70.

The man who shot up the Pulse Nightclub in Orlando, killing 49 people, put more than $26,000 on credit cards.

And the shooter who killed 59 at a music festival in Las Vegas charged almost $95,000.

If I make purchases in three different States over three days my credit union shuts down my card and calls to see if it was really me.

The last time was just a few months ago when a purchase from olight triggered a possible fraud alert.

Sounds like more fascist draconian attempts to single out anyone who buys gun related items (ya know, so when the purge begins, they know where to go first).

If I make purchases in three different States over three days my credit union shuts down my card and calls to see if it was really me.

The last time was just a few months ago when a purchase from olight triggered a possible fraud alert.
That is a common fraud detection methodology.

I've had purchases fraudulently made in Europe and the CC co flagged them, which I have yet to visit. Most CC co's advise you to notify them if you travel overseas, and maybe if you are traveling interstate. They also look for patterns - I am sure that when I lived in the Seattle area they noted when I traveled to Orygun occasionally.

Sounds like more fascist draconian attempts to single out anyone who buys gun related items (ya know, so when the purge begins, they know where to go first).
I am sure the NSA has that metadata - they track almost any electronic communication that they can, including financial transactions. I am sure that somewhere in my profile is a metadata flag for firearm/ammo related purchases (among other things) plus my posts here and elsewhere. They don't need to keep all the data and I am sure they don't, they just have a profile flag that indicates the qualitative/quantitative metadata.

Always assume anything electronic like that is known by and recorded (in some fashion) by the gov. It doesn't matter what the bank does or does not do - to a degree, unless the bank acts on it by denying service - like Citibank and some others did/do.

Notice how the artical starts?

The credit card industry has blocked a novel effort to track suspect firearm and ammunition purchases, depriving law enforcement of a potential tool to identify and stop gun crime.

Noooo, not biased at all... and Nooo the feds would not use that to persecute gun owners....

How come......the Families of the Victim(s) don't see that they might/could maybe sue the CC and Banks? Yeah....the shooters were allowed credit. Thus, making it that much easier for them to buy guns.

Rrrrrright......
And yet they blame the gun manufacturers. Because, it is said that they helped to facilitate the shootings with marketing and advertisements.

never-go-full-retard.jpg

Aloha, Mark

PS.....YEAH.....What we really need is a NEW Law?

You know, to spread the blame and looking for more deep pockets. It's NOT the shooter's fault.

Last Edited:
I am sure the NSA has that metadata - they track almost any electronic communication that they can, including financial transactions. I am sure that somewhere in my profile is a metadata flag for firearm/ammo related purchases (among other things) plus my posts here and elsewhere. They don't need to keep all the data and I am sure they don't, they just have a profile flag that indicates the qualitative/quantitative metadata.

Always assume anything electronic like that is known by and recorded (in some fashion) by the gov. It doesn't matter what the bank does or does not do - to a degree, unless the bank acts on it by denying service - like Citibank and some others did/do.
Yes, nonetheless it is draconian and should not be allowed.... but of course, it is all done under the guise of "keeping everyone safe". :rolleyes:

Seems logical if gun manufacturers can be held financially responsible for building a firearm, then financial institutions can be held responsible for funding psychotics purchasing of firearms, ammo and protective equipment.

May as well hold the executives of said companies and financial institutions financially responsible as well. But don't stop there, what about the board of directors, they have a hand it it as well…

Ridiculous right? How about just holding the individual pulling/squeezing the trigger responsible, because they are indeed the only responsible party…

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top