JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Can we get some quotation marks around "automatic", please? Some of the buzz is that his weapon is a handgun. Unless he has LE credentials allowing him access to a Glock 18, I'm thinking he's in there with the same type of gun many of us have on our hips right now.

Ohhh an "automatic" handgun. Extra deadly. Especially if it doesn't jam.

HiPoint45.jpg

HiPoint45.jpg

Can we get some quotation marks around "automatic", please? Some of the buzz is that his weapon is a handgun. Unless he has LE credentials allowing him access to a Glock 18, I'm thinking he's in there with the same type of gun many of us have on our hips right now.

It's kind of a mad lib sort of thing.

<Insert Number> people are currently being held at <Insert Place> by a <Insert Adjective> gunman. Police say the gunman is armed with <Insert Number> dangerous <Insert Verb> weapons.

69 people are currently being held at butt by a sleepy gunman. Police say the gunman is armed with 69 dangerous humping weapons.

Hahaha. He said butt.

Well most people think "automatic" means full-auto, and surely it must, otherwise, why specify that it's an "automatic," if that doesn't mean anything?

It's actually genius.

People are robbing banks with automatics- we hear about it all the time. Freaken automatics... who NEEDS a damn automatic anyway?? They're obviously just for robbing banks... I mean, why can't we just stick with the type most people carry for defense?

I'm going to get this crap on the ballot. We're banning automatics.

Hey - aren't automatics illegal? I say he should be prosecuted for that. Oh, and probably the bank robbery and hostage taking too, but DEFINITELY for violating the NFA.

2 dead, plus gunman 20-year-old Fuaed Abdo Ahmed

2 dead in La. bank hostage standoff

Edmonson said Ahmed was a paranoid schizophrenic. A note about the attack and a book about hostage negotiations, as well as other planning materials, were discovered at his residence.

Edmonson said Ahmed planned the attack, and around midnight, he told police he was going to kill the hostages. State police then gave the order to initiate the raid.

Sounds like police weren't patient enough for him to release the remaining hostages - Ahmed had released a female teller earlier in the evening - so they ran a botched raid that resulted in their deaths.

As for the weapon, little info yet:

The hostages were shot with a pistol, but Ahmed was also carrying a rifle.

And from a related NBC News article:

Paxton added that Ahmed was a paranoid schizophrenic and that he had made a number of demands, including removing a device from his head so he could stop hearing voices.

"About 100 law enforcement personnel, including the FBI, U.S. Marshal Service, a bomb squad and sheriff's deputies from four parishes, were assembled, and lights were brought in as negotiations dragged into the night. A no-fly zone with a radius of 5 miles and up to 5,000 feet was imposed above the bank."

Wow, a little much for a crazy in a bank don't ya think? WWIII? Oh yeah, they said he had a rifle also, it's all good then...

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top