JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
They are easy to find out via registry. So even if they don't volunteer this information, it's not hard to get.
But is the employer going to actively search for those things? Im quite sure a few have and will slip through the cracks.. This is just another way to assure it does happen if left unchecked.

But is the employer going to actively search for those things? Im quite sure a few have and will slip through the cracks.. This is just another way to assure it does happen if left unchecked.
Schools will definitely search for any such background, so will most gov employers, no matter whether there was a box or not. Many times these application questions are also designed to make it easier to fire someone for lying, if they misrepresented and you find out later. Firing someone for poor job performance quickly becomes a discrimination suit.

The logic behind this is stupid. Backgrounds will still be done. This wastes time and money processing beyond the initial application.

Felons still won't get hired if a non felon is also applying. This is stupid. And there are a lot of private sector jobs that exude not just felons but any misdemeanors or specific types of misdemeanors.

Its a waste of tax payer money and corporate money. This won't result in more employed felons. Except maybe in congress or the irs...

Hope your correct but I think it will be treated like affirmative action. Employers will be obligated to hire them by federal requirements and wages will be paid or compensated by our tax dollars. There are already programs in place like it. Awe come on wouldn't you feel all warm and fuzzy knowing the guy working next to you is suckling the money from your wallet in the day light and selling Crack to our kids in the evening. ...:mad::mad::mad:

So Obama is going to issue an executive order preventing federal agencies from asking about criminal history on job applications. Outlets have been taking about it this morning and I can't help but think how hypocritical it is. They are basically saying once you've served your debt to society it shouldn't matter but at the same time they are trying to ram universal background checks down our throats. Perhaps Dave Workman will write one of his awesome articles about this double standard.

just as hypocritical and "double standard" as background checks required to exercise 2nd amendment = constitutional, while "voter ID" = unconstitutional.

Wow good points everyone. I bet it's part of a plan to make things worse somehow, since it's coming from the feds. I heard this on a radio show: In June 2015, 35,000 illegal alien criminals were let out of prison early and ~150 of them were murderers ("tier 1"), also ~3,300 American murderers were let out of prison early too.

But why worry about that when the DHS was founded by a former head of Stasi (~14 years ago), plus other top Stasi & KGB etc came here too. Also, the lovely Mr Smuggler, I mean Holder, helped in the fast & furious operation which gave 20,000 firearms to Central American drug cartels etc. Years ago CBS got the memo of the agenda and a woman reporter tried to break the news but she was fired and it got covered up.

Bridgeport Connecticut - ex-con mayor busted and imprisoned for years on various Federal corruption and racketeering charges - people are voting back in as mayor. People long ago gave up any requirement for virtue or goodness in elected officials. All that matters is what they get from the elected. Not that this thread is about elected officials but all the same. Not all felons are equal - not all felons are evil violent killers. One thing I have learned over years in the working world, you cannot predict the future; however, human nature is such that one's past behavior is a good indicator of a person's future behavior. Human resource people go by this all the time in reviewing candidates for hire. per the French, the more things change, the more they stay the same.

So, pedophiles can apply to work in schools and not have to give any other info?
Not so sure about that. To work in a school district one often has to submit to a background check. I know one of our guys was denied a contractor badge because he had some sort of conviction in his past.

Schools Must have Higher Standards in their higher interest practices, whether it be for the Classified Workers ( . . .in short all Non Certified Workers, AKA "Teachers" . . .)

That standard is due to the issue of being around Children, in and of itself.

Further, there is a higher level of "Reporting" which must be done: the touching of students obviously is an issue, however consider this: ~~ a Student desires to start a sexual relationship with you ! ! ! No Joke.

I was the President of a Classified Workers "Union" and a friend of my daughters actually started err uhh Stalking me ! ! !

I suggested she talk to the school therapist . . . And immediately went to see the Principal . . . Who immediately LAUGHED at the statement, I said nothing Funny, I am serious.

He said, I am sorry philip, you are correct, I laughed because she now is Not Stalking ME . . . I guess nearly every male had been propositioned . . . It is a real problem in Middle Schools.

Fortunately she found a BoyFriend ( ! ! ! )

philip :confused:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads