JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This is why I like to pay with exact change, sometimes it's either funny or sad when the cashier has trouble counting 85 cents
True story, a few years ago I was in a sandwich shop. My total came to something like $19.23. I had a pocket full of change and didn't want to add to it, so I handed the cashier $20.23. She turned to a coworker and asked "what's the change on this?". Coworker goes "Seriously?". She says "No really, I was never good at math." 🤦‍♂️

Well, obviously it's because the teachers in that school district need another pay raise.

Or

The curriculum is "RACIST". You know too much testing emphasis on : Math, Reading, and Writing. Not to mention, History. Because it should be rewritten (to target/spin the obvious hatred of the past).

Or

The test didn't cover enough about : race, gender identity, sex education and other equity issues. Besides, it's more about creating a well-round person......with a lot of self-esteem and other stuff that are hard to measure.

Rrrrright.

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
True story, a few years ago I was in a sandwich shop. My total came to something like $19.23. I had a pocket full of change and didn't want to add to it, so I handed the cashier $20.23. She turned to a coworker and asked "what's the change on this?". Coworker goes "Seriously?". She says "No really, I was never good at math." 🤦‍♂️
I like to remind the struggling cashier that they have a calculator on their phone

Meanwhile in OR.

A bill to prohibit Oregon schools from requiring students to show they can read, write and do math at a basic high school level is headed to Gov. Kate Brown after lawmakers gave final approval Wednesday.

Aloha, Mark

:s0140: Decades back when you pumped then went in to pay. I put $10 in, walk in hand young girl a $20. She is counting out all these bills, I thought she had no 5s or 10's. As I am walking out I count she had given me $18. I wanted to just keep going but figured they would take it out of her pay. So I give it back to her, she tries again. This time gives me $13 back. I said you know 10 and 10 = 20? Her register was the at that time new models that would do the math for her. I doubt she had that job long

:s0140: Decades back when you pumped then went in to pay. I put $10 in, walk in hand young girl a $20. She is counting out all these bills, I thought she had no 5s or 10's. As I am walking out I count she had given me $18. I wanted to just keep going but figured they would take it out of her pay. So I give it back to her, she tries again. This time gives me $13 back. I said you know 10 and 10 = 20? Her register was the at that time new models that would do the math for her. I doubt she had that job long
Similar experience buying gas at a marina recently. She actually shorted me a few cents, but it just wasn't worth it.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top