JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This is why I like to pay with exact change, sometimes it's either funny or sad when the cashier has trouble counting 85 cents
True story, a few years ago I was in a sandwich shop. My total came to something like $19.23. I had a pocket full of change and didn't want to add to it, so I handed the cashier $20.23. She turned to a coworker and asked "what's the change on this?". Coworker goes "Seriously?". She says "No really, I was never good at math." 🤦‍♂️

Well, obviously it's because the teachers in that school district need another pay raise.

Or

The curriculum is "RACIST". You know too much testing emphasis on : Math, Reading, and Writing. Not to mention, History. Because it should be rewritten (to target/spin the obvious hatred of the past).

Or

The test didn't cover enough about : race, gender identity, sex education and other equity issues. Besides, it's more about creating a well-round person......with a lot of self-esteem and other stuff that are hard to measure.

Rrrrright.

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
True story, a few years ago I was in a sandwich shop. My total came to something like $19.23. I had a pocket full of change and didn't want to add to it, so I handed the cashier $20.23. She turned to a coworker and asked "what's the change on this?". Coworker goes "Seriously?". She says "No really, I was never good at math." 🤦‍♂️
I like to remind the struggling cashier that they have a calculator on their phone

Meanwhile in OR.

A bill to prohibit Oregon schools from requiring students to show they can read, write and do math at a basic high school level is headed to Gov. Kate Brown after lawmakers gave final approval Wednesday.

Aloha, Mark

:s0140: Decades back when you pumped then went in to pay. I put $10 in, walk in hand young girl a $20. She is counting out all these bills, I thought she had no 5s or 10's. As I am walking out I count she had given me $18. I wanted to just keep going but figured they would take it out of her pay. So I give it back to her, she tries again. This time gives me $13 back. I said you know 10 and 10 = 20? Her register was the at that time new models that would do the math for her. I doubt she had that job long

:s0140: Decades back when you pumped then went in to pay. I put $10 in, walk in hand young girl a $20. She is counting out all these bills, I thought she had no 5s or 10's. As I am walking out I count she had given me $18. I wanted to just keep going but figured they would take it out of her pay. So I give it back to her, she tries again. This time gives me $13 back. I said you know 10 and 10 = 20? Her register was the at that time new models that would do the math for her. I doubt she had that job long
Similar experience buying gas at a marina recently. She actually shorted me a few cents, but it just wasn't worth it.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top