JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
"For the safety of our children," Baltimore City Council advances replica gun ban.

Baltimore OKs ban of replica guns

"These replica guns are not toys," Kraft said. "They look exactly like real guns, and unless you are standing there holding them in your hands you cannot tell the difference. We need to get them off the streets.

"The fewer guns we have on the streets, real or replica, the safer it is."

Sorry - there appears to be an Auto-Play video on the page.

Outright banning is only a "Feel Good" solution.:rolleyes:

But, in defense of the LEO's....
How can you tell what is pointed at you 10ft. away, or in the dark.:(
I have pellet pistols that are indistinguishable from the real thing.:eek:
Firearm education and proper handling is the real answer.:)
Teach your kids that a firearm is a dangerous tool.;)

Deleted.

After posting I decided this was not a good thing to be saying. Don't want to give the wrong people any ideas.

Last Edited:
I think there was a recent police shooting in San Diego were the guy didn't have a gun but made movements like he did and got shot.

Gun or no gun, aggressive actions can get you killed. The cops will be cleared. We need to make it so we also can be cleared when similar actions happen. From the video shown it was a case of better safe than sorry.

It is how the gun banners portray toy guns, they are not even safe for kids...
WTF!!! We all played with toy guns, cops & robbers, Army % Cowboys & Indians. But did we die???
We have Rulers (British oppressors) still in this country that needs to be purged!!!!:mad::mad::mad:

I'm not overly fond of toy guns or airsoft / air guns that look like "real guns"
That being stated ... Just 'cause I'm not fond of something , dosen't mean it should be banned!
How about teaching your kid not to point a gun at someone?
Maybe if parents were to parent , we wouldn't have or "need" these dumb bans.
Andy

'eff 'em. I guess they need to ban toy knives, swords and machetes too. Then ban shooter video games. Ban all violent Hollywood films!
I've had fellow parents say, "I don't let my children play with any toy that can be a weapon." To which I have replied something like, "I do and make sure they understand the difference between the real thing and a toy." I have noted, even when kids are kept away from guns, they will turn the simplest of things into guns. As there is the rare child who does not like candy, IMO it is the rare child who does not like guns.
On knives and swords, I've given or made toy versions of each. They would sword-fight, stab and beat the crap out of each other with the swords. I'd also work with them on knife safety when using knives in the kitchen. Gave my 9 YO son his first knife, a swiss-army type, after I had worked for months with him in the kitchen, cutting food (he thought he wanted to be a chef). Reviewed safety with him several times, went back to the garden, and within 5 minutes he cut himself badly with it. We got lucky, no body parts lost, and you bet he won't do that again. He still has that knife.
[edit] There are no longer any "toy guns" in my house. Though they're locked away unless I'm working on them, my kids understand, any gun they might see in the house is real.

I'm not overly fond of toy guns or airsoft / air guns that look like "real guns"
That being stated ... Just 'cause I'm not fond of something , dosen't mean it should be banned!
How about teaching your kid not to point a gun at someone?
Maybe if parents were to parent , we wouldn't have or "need" these dumb bans.
Andy

The sad part is most parents don't want to raise there kids now a days:rolleyes:
They let there day care or nanny do it. So there is no teaching them these things if your not involved with there life. Then they grow up and are curious about guns and do stupid and sometimes deadly things.

More people need to get involved in there children's lives, like I am sure most of us are or used to be.

A couple years ago , I had a student who was really interested in guns.
So after a long talk with his mom , I took him out a few times to learn about guns and shooting.
He did very well with the safety part and got to be pretty good with my H&R 649 revolver.
We got rid of the "forbidden Fruit" of guns and he had a great time.
Andy
Edit for spelling ...Glad I don't teach English LOL!

Last Edited:
Well if all taught their children to respect Police Officers their wouldn't be any "Need" to ban them. Did anyone ever think to point their toy gun at a Cop? I'd had gotten my fanny whipped if I ever pulled a stunt like that.

Well if all taught their children to respect Police Officers their wouldn't be any "Need" to ban them. Did anyone ever think to point their toy gun at a Cop? I'd had gotten my fanny whipped if I ever pulled a stunt like that.

I'll second that!! My Dad would have made me go pick a switch from a tree!!:oops:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top