JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Anyone here ever bought boots from Bakers? I have been looking at getting a new pair of boots for shooting ( ie firearm related..) and hunting and I really wanted a good pair of American made boots and I see they are one of the main retailers for Whites.
If you have,a few questions.

Is it pretty one stop? get measured then fitted for boots?
If you have returned a pair, how did it go?

I always enjoy stopping by Bakers especially since they updated Gun room. Employees there are top notch and you get that localized shop personal experience that's worth supporting. although I've looked at many of the quality boots hey have in stock the price always knocks sense into me as it is up there... But I'm sure you get what you pay for in quality and service. I'm just getting into the hunting world so my experience is Nil compared to lifers with the decades under their belt but really enjoy my Danner 10" Canadians thus far. As far as quality USA boots for cold weather and hard use conditions my Montana friends swear by Schnee's Boots based out of Bozeman definitely on the future wish list. Good luck in your investment , nothing like breaking in a new pair of boots... Mole skin helps a lot.

Last Edited:
I've worn whites for 15 years and it seems like boots and rebuilds are getting cheaper since they sold out to a Japanese firm :(

My next pair of boots will be nicks boots out of Spokane. They are like whites used to be in the ol' days.

:s0159: FWIW

I've worn whites for 15 years and it seems like boots and rebuilds are getting cheaper since they sold out to a Japanese firm :(

My next pair of boots will be nicks boots out of Spokane. They are like whites used to be in the ol' days.

:s0159: FWIW

YEah, I just read about that. the same company that has Danner and RedWing. I imagine they will be made in china soon. like everything else.
Looks like I will look at Nicks.

Redwing an Mason went to China about 20 years ago. The last pair of Redwings I bought you couldn't tell the left boot form the right boot. Instead of 2 years use I got out of the Redwing model I had been wearing since I was 14 I would only get 6 months.
There is a boot maker in Tualitan, they make great boots. They used to make mostly loggers boots.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top