JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It's simple if you have a blasting cabinet, proper blast media, correct degreaser, airbrush/compressor and a oven. You also need a vacuum and large compressor for the blasting cabinet. Some practice and you will be ready to rock.

Used Duracoat on two different weapons and didn't need any of that. 000 steel wool works great for bonding prep. No degreaser. No oven. And used the spray applicator they sell. Very durable if you let it sit for a week. Patience is rewarded.

The only problem I had is that I tend to get too heavy with the spray and get runs. :(

It's simple if you have a blasting cabinet, proper blast media, correct degreaser, airbrush/compressor and a oven. You also need a vacuum and large compressor for the blasting cabinet. Some practice and you will be ready to rock.
Used Duracoat on two different weapons and didn't need any of that. 000 steel wool works great for bonding prep. No degreaser. No oven. And used the spray applicator they sell. Very durable if you let it sit for a week. Patience is rewarded.

The only problem I had is that I tend to get too heavy with the spray and get runs. :(
I get runs when I go too heavy on Taco Bell.

Update: I've picked up a can of Wheeler black cerama-coat (I think that's what is was called). This morning I sand blasted all the ugly components to an old, finishless Star Bm I had lying around. Tomorrow I will sandblast the Glock slide stop levers and Saturday I will coat and bake them. Can't wait!

If you can use glass bead you'll get a better / smoother finish, scrub the bejesus out of it followed by a dilute phosphoric acid rub down and re rinse and preheat slightly 120F ish before application.

I bought a rifle Cerakoted. My style of cleaning is run a patch through and let it sit for a day, then run another patch through and let it sit, etc. In the process I get a drip of Hoppes #9 at the end of the barrel, hanging there for days. This drip caused the Cerakote to slide off from that part of the barrel. Possibly incorrect application, but beware of what Hoppes can do to Cerakote...

Update: I've picked up a can of Wheeler black cerama-coat (I think that's what is was called). This morning I sand blasted all the ugly components to an old, finishless Star Bm I had lying around. Tomorrow I will sandblast the Glock slide stop levers and Saturday I will coat and bake them. Can't wait!

Don't forget the Taco Bell! But actually, the combo burrito, soft taco, and Mexi-fries at Taco Time is much better!!!

When I was a youngun, many many years ago, we used to hang out at Taco Bell parking lot. One of the smart-aleck types went up to the window and ordered a furburger from a friend working there. The guy charged him $2 and gave him a sack. Inside there was a nicely wrapped bun with a piece of SOS in between the two halves. Oh, and with lettuce and special sauce. :confused:

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads