JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I bid on a Savage 338 Lapua and got a decent price when I won. I decided on the $0 ground shipping, but the seller said he only shipped priority and demanded an extra $75. Claimed someone made a mistake in the listing; but the mistake was not mine. The FFL I was going to use to ship the rifle to told me most of the guns he gets come ground. I appealed to Gunbroker on the matter, but they never acknowledged my complaint and the seller refused to agree to the original terms of the auction. Anyone else ever have this problem?

I've never had that problem, but I have had a buyer who never paid after they won. Even if they don't pay Gunbroker still want their fees, so I had to file a non paying buyer claim and it took like two months to get the fees credited to my account. That was only after I hassled them over and over again. They say if a buyer doesn't pay, they'll close their account, but nothing happened to the buyer, and I had to chase my money down. Unfortunately, you might just have to let it go and cancel your order with the seller. Gunbroker's customer service is terrible.

Never purchased there, but isn't this part of the listing info "The seller of this item assumes all responsibility for this listing".
Seems to me the seller is trying to change the contract after the fact.

I've always avoided gunbroker, EBay sucked, I can only imagine a gun version of eBay also being bubblegumty.

I bid on a Savage 338 Lapua and got a decent price when I won. I decided on the $0 ground shipping, but the seller said he only shipped priority and demanded an extra $75. Claimed someone made a mistake in the listing; but the mistake was not mine. The FFL I was going to use to ship the rifle to told me most of the guns he gets come ground. I appealed to Gunbroker on the matter, but they never acknowledged my complaint and the seller refused to agree to the original terms of the auction. Anyone else ever have this problem?
That sucks. What kind of feedback and how many reviews did seller have?

The seller had flawless feedback as far as I could tell with many good reviews. The seller did report me as a person who refused to pay for the product I won in the auction. I've yet to leave negative feedback as I've been waiting for a response from Gunbroker.

It's like buying a car at a dealer. The sticker price is just the start.

Annoying as it is, I wouldn't let $75 stand between myself and something I want if that something were already going to cost me well over a grand. Now you have a headache

Leave NEGATIVE FEEDBACK!!!!!!
This has proven (in my admittedly limited experience) very effective for me. In my case I received the wrong item. The seller kept insisting that I got the right thing even after I showed him that both the picture and item number were for what I wanted, not what I got. 15 minutes after I posted negative feedback, he's blowing up my phone and email with please take down the review right away and I'll do the exchange. My counter offer was "You first". He did not like that and kept up the emails and voice mails. Eventually after I stopped responding he sent me a return order. And of course he kept hounding me to drop the review right up until the replacement arrived.

Gunbroker is almost impossible to get hold of. They have a big "0" for customer service. Give the guy a negative feedback and explain why. He did not honor his own ad. GB is all about making money for themselves. They do not care about you! So what the heck?

I received a "Listing Policy Change" from Gunbroker this morning. They are no longer allowing mention of many commonly used electronic payment methods, ostensibly, to make Gunbroker a "safer" place for buyers and sellers. LOL. What a joke. They either got a cease and desist letter from woke.com or they're trying to funnel us into their new crypto BS. Either way, Gunbroker has never cared about the safety of its customers. Unfortunately there aren't many online selling options for the persecuted, so I have to continue to tread carefully and work with Gunbroker.

I sold a couple of pistols through the reseller "Jackthedog". He sells craploads and none of it on Gunbroker. None. Pretty much all goes onto https://www.gunauction.com/ As an honorable person, I figure there's a reason he went that way. BTW, my experience, jackthedog dude is honest, but he's got a significant backlog and it will be a slow process if you consign through him. For me at that time, that was a non-issue, but keep it in mind if you go that route.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top