JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Heard that it is not too bad. Definately better than Iraq as far as heat but it gets cold too. Take an electric blanket and a fan they don't last at the PX from what i was told. You can't have a heater but you can have an electric blanket.

Was there a few times during my time there it is fairley big as far as bases in Afghanistan goes. It does get real cold there. Some people I work with just got back from there I will ask for some feedback and ket you know.

I was there in 2005-2006, they have it pretty good there considering where it is. Good food, good PX, internet cafe, movies, gym. It gets pretty hot in summer/fall. All rooms have heat and AC. They have Popeyes chicken, green bean coffee, Wendys, Dairy Queen, Subway. Not to bad there and pretty safe on base. Walt Disney drive is the main street. Good luck over there and stay safe.

Was there a few times going to and from leave and then finally coming back home. Huge base with lots to do and lots of food choices. Pretty good PX and local bazaar. Should be pretty cushy if you are going to be stationed there.

+1 for all amenities listed. Get to the chow hall early for friday dinner as the surf and turf is very popular. Stay away from the hot TCN's from old eastern euro countries over 40% have and are HIV + and it is a strain only found in old combloc countries so when you come up positive doc's will know where you got it from and you will violated general order 1 B so good luck getting an LOD approved.

The south Koreans where running a hospital and civil EN's when I left so they brought a Korean resturant... That is good eating.

Also Disney drive isn't named after the cartoon geek, but PFC Disney who was KIA WHILE TAKING BAF. Don't let a SGM hear you calling it walt Disney you get the *** chewing that follows.

SF-

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads