JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
What kind of bag to stow a heavily lubed rifle in a pack among other items without contaminating the other items with lube?

First thought that comes to mind is a contractor grade trash bag, but anything else more durable? Weight IS a factor, so perhaps the contractor grade trash bag is best but it's certainly not durable long term. I figured they may be a better option I have not thought of.

This is a time where quad rails, optics and vertical fore grips are a disadvantage as they catch on stuff.

Some AR's like it wet-and-messy. Personally, I'm thinking about using Froglube paste, except that it has a minty fragrance instead of that Hoppe's #9 scent that caught so much interest (but sadly no play beyond that) from the girls around me in college... a paste CLP should stay put better than a dripping liquid.

Seal a Meal "tubes"? I gather that some are pretty wide and you can seal/make your "meal" as long as you want giggity. you could roll/fold up the ends and clamp instead of sealing I would imagine.

Those aren't really robust, they are weaker than contractor garbage bags. Was thinking something strong and tear resistant/proof but light. Bang toy can go in and out of bag without tearing holes or letting oil seep through.

Those aren't really robust, they are weaker than contractor garbage bags. Was thinking something strong and tear resistant/proof but light. Bang toy can go in and out of bag without tearing holes or letting oil seep through.
Just guessing but I think they come in different mil thicknesses, like MRE bags and probably million gallon fuel bladders. lol
good luck

I would second the Seal a Meal option having sealed up some pretty sharp cornered Pork Chops and had the bags handle it I can't imagine what on a AR would be sharp enough to poke a hole in one of the bags I use. And if you were worried you could always double the bag.

I have zcor bags they are not good for something like this they will wear out quick. The other bag is much less durable.

How about some tyvek from the home improvement store? Seems that stuff would hold up well.

Why not cut a tarp to a custom size to the firearm? They sell velcro, glue and gromet kits so you could button it up to form fit.
Id spend a weekend making a double layered tarp "bag" for the rifle.
This was a project I actually wanted to try a while ago.

I must be missing something here. o_O
First we're quadrails ever good for anything? And I'd like to know why anyone would lube something so much it's going to get all over everything . There is no point in it. You can lube the gun again in stead of making it dripping wet with lube
Plus if it's that wet it will collect shnit all the time,every time you remove it from the bag.
And why is it coming in and out of this bag you seek?
Why isn't it attached to the out side of the pack?
This just makes no sense:cool:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads