JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm getting baffle strikes and keyholing with my 9mm PCC w/ 8.5" barrel. When I first put it together, was not having that issue. I noticed it after trying different weights and loads of ammo. It was mostly happening with standard or hotter loads. Now it's doing it with subsonic loads, even subsonic factory 147g. Suppressor is a Quitebore 9mm with their Creative Arms Tri Lug adapter. The worse baffles are the ones toward the exit of the suppressor. I did find some, but not much movement of the suppressor when mounted. Baffles were drilled with their drill fixture after receiving an approved form 1. Drill bit is 19/32" Cobalt. Again, it ran fine the first 100 or so rounds. I was experimenting to find optimal loads after noticing that much of the brass was belled out at the bottom after suppressed shooting.

To eliminate misalignment, will try it with the threaded barrel adapter. Any feedback or suggestions?

baffles 1.jpg baffles 2.jpg

Since you've already got a bunch of goobered baffles, I'd just re bore them into the .40 caliber range and call it a day.

Is there play between the baffles and the tube?

Who makes the tri lug? Not all are created straight!

@TTSX wins, the cure would to be overbore the baffles. As well as buying an alignment rod.

Baffles are snug in the tube. Had to soak it in trans fluid and acetone mix overnight to get them out of the tube. I believe the tube is straight. I rolled it on a glass tabletop to check. Yes, I know that's not an accurate check for runout, but it's what I have available.

Just checked the boogered up baffles with a drill bit and they need to be filed or drilled out to the original diameter. Might take the advice of drilling them out a bit larger.

Not sure what brand of barrel end tri lug, obtained it from a member here.

There's a crush washer on the barrel but I'm using it as a spacer. Tri lug is snug but not super tight, need a wrench to loosen it.
When I used a crush washer it was enough to cause a baffle strike and luckily I notice right away before it ruined the suppressor

I'll bet good money that is your issue. I use Teflon tape in the bbl threads and screw the can straight onto the bbl. In your case the crush washer is probably canting the tri-lug enough to screw up the angle of the suppressor relative to the bbl.

A. Dont use a crush washer.
B. Some 3 lug adapers/suppressor mounts just suck.

Put your silencer on. Move it up and down in front. If it can move up and down...guess what ....

100% agree with getting that crush washer off of there and a good chance that is the problem. I would strip things back to the basics and then add one variable at a time till you get back to the configuration you want.

I would convert it back to direct thread and then check alignment with an alignment rod. If you don't have an alignment rod find someone or a shop with one that will let you check out your setup with it. If direct thread checks out then add your muzzle device and tri-lug adapter back and check with the alignment rod. Make sure you move the can through its range of motion to see if the tri-lug has enough play to allow the can to interact with the alignment rod. If all checks out, go shoot it again to see if you baffle strikes are cleared up.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top