JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
hey everyone I have a AAC Ti-Rant 9. Trying to figure out the best way to clean the baffles. I don't have US cleaner(yet) and don't really have the money to toss at one right now. So what's the best way to get these baffles sparkly clean?

Wet tumbler with SS pins, a couple of cap fulls of simple green and enough water to cover the baffles.
About 2 hours and they are sparkling!

Other than that, elbow grease or crazy toxic "dip".

Tried the ultra sonic cleaner and it did next to nothing, FYI, YMMV.

Wet tumbler with SS pins, a couple of cap fulls of simple green and enough water to cover the baffles.
About 2 hours and they are sparkling!

Other than that, elbow grease or crazy toxic "dip".

Tried the ultra sonic cleaner and it did next to nothing, FYI, YMMV.

Awesome. Just need to find the SS pins locally. Thank you

@fatamos33 I like the tumbler idea. Will have to try it.

I have been submerging the baffles and ends in Hoppes #9. I converted a 1lbs powder container into a soaking tub. I cut the top 1/3 off and just use it as a cap. I first scrap the big chunks off the baffles with picks. I then put them in the Hoppes and let them soak for 24-36 hrs. Pull them out and buff them with a bronze cleaning brush. (Standard gun cleaning brush) When they were real bad I have used a Dremal at med speeds with a wire brush.

I have an ultrusonic I was actually getting ready to try tonight. It has a hot option so was planning on using the Hoppes w/heat and let it run for 2 hrs. I have not used it yet as I needed to pick up like 4 more huge bottles of Hoppes.

@fatamos33 when you did the ultrusonic did you use a chemical cleaner and heat?

@fatamos33 I like the tumbler idea. Will have to try it.

I have been submerging the baffles and ends in Hoppes #9. I converted a 1lbs powder container into a soaking tub. I cut the top 1/3 off and just use it as a cap. I first scrap the big chunks off the baffles with picks. I then put them in the Hoppes and let them soak for 24-36 hrs. Pull them out and buff them with a bronze cleaning brush. (Standard gun cleaning brush) When they were real bad I have used a Dremal at med speeds with a wire brush.

I have an ultrusonic I was actually getting ready to try tonight. It has a hot option so was planning on using the Hoppes w/heat and let it run for 2 hrs. I have not used it yet as I needed to pick up like 4 more huge bottles of Hoppes.

@fatamos33 when you did the ultrusonic did you use a chemical cleaner and heat?
You can use the wet tumbler/SS pins only on titanium baffles but be careful on anything else. Look at the maker's website for your suppressor for their advice on cleaning.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top