JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
There are mountains of badass flashlights for small bucks these days. I own half a dozen Fenix lights and have been happy with all of them but if $50-$100 is more than you want to spend there are $15 Chinese lights on Amazon that are pretty amazing for what they cost.

I have had a couple of these... They do not have the quality of the higher priced lights but when they are new they are really impressive.

https://www.amazon.com/Portable-Han...TF8&qid=1509532348&sr=8-1&keywords=flashlight

The only issue I have with them is they will literally fall apart if you carry one around in your truck door. At the price though you can just buy a new one every year or so.

For the price, any of the Fenix models really can't be beat. I've also used and abused streamlights, they are good, especially their larger models. The cheaper Chinese lights on Amazon are unbelievably bright...right up to the time they crap out. I have about 10 of them laying around in the house, cars, etc. but I would not trust my life to them.

I own quite a bit of the Streamlight lineup as well as a couple of Fenix's. I like rechargeables, even more the dual-fuel versions that are rechargeable but can use throw-aways in a pinch. I really like my Pro-Tac HL USB. Recharges from any common micro USB cable, can use CR123's in a pinch and puts out 800 lumens on high in a fairly compact package. I also like my Protac 1L-1AA. It will run (as the name implies) on 1 CR123 or 1 AA battery. Of course the output on the AA is less, but still very usable. The output on the CR123 is 320 lumens and the light is small enough to slip into a pocket and forget about.

Edit: I stay away from the amazon cheap-o lites as they never seem to last and don't usually fair well to any drops. My Streamlights take a beating and just keep working. Lifetime warranty too if you do manage to somehow break one.

HDS Systems - This one is always a favorite of the folks over at Candle Power Forums. Built like a tank. Completely programmable. Will run on either Primary CR123's or Rechargeable CR123's. Some variants have fully adjustable output. Fully potted electronics and constant power regulation. The only downside is that the lumen output isn't quite as high as some lights are these days. Their brightest single cell light is 325 lumen. It's also a $300 torch.

EDC-T1B-325_19.jpg

HDS Systems: EDC Tactical Flashlights - EDC Tactical flashlights provide a pure momentary interface for "flash and dash" techniques

My first criteria would be that the flashlight not have to go through the high beam, low beam and then the strobe to turn off, then back on to get back to the high beam after a momentary use.
That just drives me nuts. Who the hell needs a strobe anyway?

My first criteria would be that the flashlight not have to go through the high beam, low beam and then the strobe to turn off, then back on to get back to the high beam after a momentary use.
That just drives me nuts. Who the hell needs a strobe anyway?

That's why I like my Streamlight ProTac series. Ten-Tap programming means I can skip the strobe. I also like to start my lights on low and tap to high if need be.

Currently I own a streamlight polystinger, ultra stinger, tlr1HL, stylus bore light, stylus pro, an old old ultra stinger, one of their lanterns, one of the head lights, and two of the polytacs. I'm a pretty big fan of streamlights for the money. I've seriously abused them too.

ProTac HL®3 Handheld Flashlight | Streamlight®

I bought one of these, then bought one for my wife. That's a BadAzz MoFo right there! One of the brightest lights I've ever seen. Will burn thru a set of batteries if you don't "toggle" down to low beam, though. I looked into a rechargeable version. They make one but it's not as bright, 800 lumens I think, and cost nearly twice as much. Might be worth the price if I used it more.

I've owned a bunch of Streamlights and have given them as gifts. I've lost more than I've worn out. There are a lot of other good flashlights out there, but I don't think you could go wrong if you bought one of these, too.

Streamlights across the board for all my lights and most of my crew have done the same. The one exception is head lights. Police brand seem the best, and with 650 Lumins with an adjustable lense system and AA compatibility make these unbeatable. They run at full power for 3 to 4 hours constant on a set of the lithium A As and with a charging station, makes them cost effective for lots of hard use. I keep one strapped to my helmet and one in my GHB as well as my daily driver! bonus is They use real Cree leds and are fully water proof and guaranteed to last 5000 hours. Cost is about $45.00 retail, can be found under that if you shop around!

My favorite are the little single AA ones off Amazon. Sometimes on sale for 3-4 dollars a piece. I bought them by the dozens a few years ago. I keep them literally everywhere. I did a review on them on another forum, I'll have to see if I can find it.

58346192-4099-4284-89E9-4A8A695E658A.jpeg

I picked up a three pack of led flashlights at costco a while back for not too much $$ that ended up being excellent. one was 1000 Lum, one was like 500, and then a small 3 aaa that is like 250lum.

these... 5AC4F270-6148-4345-8943-9158FD95074E-3907-00000536EB962850_tmp.jpg

I have a ton. My favorite "value" flashlight are Convoys. GearBest, Banggood and some other sites carry them. $10 gets you a very well made (from the machined body to the soldering, springs, and contacts inside) 1000 lumen light with a Cree LED Convoy S2+ LED Flashlight - $11.99 Free Shipping|GearBest.com

I also have some Fenix, Nitecore, Jetbeam and Olight flashlights.

My current favorite light is my Convoy L6. Cree XHP70, 3800 lumens, runs on two 26650 protected rechargeable li-ion batteries. It just exudes quality; the machining is perfect, and the way the cap and head thread onto the body reminds me of a nicely machined barrel. Convoy L6 XHP70 3800LM Super Bright Long Range LED Flashlight

Be prepared to wait if you order from GearBest or Banggood. It usually takes about 3-4 weeks for an order to arrive.

2A6AB1626EC5F01A47C475C2CA73B0A6.jpg

Last Edited:
My favorite brands right now are

Armytek, streamlight, surefire.

The armytek Viking pro or similar model pumping out 2K lumens should suffice .

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top