JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yesterday afternoon when I got home after work there was a large envelope from MidwayUSA! Hooray my repair parts had arrived. After dinner it only took less then 5 minutes to get them installed and function checked. Worked just fine. The plate replacing the shepherds crook is the catsa$$! Ready for the range again with this one BUT I will take extra firearms just in case. o_O

Just received an UTG butt pad for this rifle. Adds some length, about an inch, to a really short Warsaw length stock. I have found it difficult to shoot with my ear muffs on. Never get a good cheek weld. Waiting still to get out the the range and try it out. I understand putting a new NATO stock on will extend the overall length by about 1-1/8 inch. If this butt pad doesn't make the grade the next stop will be for a Tapco adjustable stock. I know mixing an AK with an AR style stock may not be kosher. However I am after function over form. Maybe I could turn it into a Krinkov and avoid needing a stock altogether. :s0114:

Weird things happen. I had a factory-built AR that I had just bought runaway on the first trigger pull. 10 rounds went downrange and everyone stopped to look. Next trigger pull sent the rest of the magazine downrange. Packed up and left. "Out of spec" trigger group was the diagnosis. Sear wasn't catching.

Ned Christiansen made a great post regarding this subject, he cover both AR and AK, worth the read...

Public Service Announcment: check for fire-on-release triggers

Yesterday 3/29/20 ...
The wife and I packed up everything and went to our local range. Brought side arms AND the AK for shooting. No one was at the range at 9am-ish so we started on the rifle range to check out the AK. I did get all the repairs done to it as chronicled above. Was able to put about 100 rounds through it and all worked again as expected. Had some fun ringing the 200 meter gong too. The AK seems to be good to go once again. Brought it home and cleaned it thoroughly [yeah I clean the AK :eek: ] checking for any mechanical issues that might be in the offing. Didn't see any so I am pleased with everything and this rifle is back on line. Yea! Had fun on the pistol range yesterday as well. I guess, sometimes ya just have to persevere to get things [back] to where you want them. Also loved the Tapco stock. Makes shooting AK more pleasurable without the diminutive Warsaw stock IMO. :cool:

Also loved the Tapco stock. Makes shooting AK more pleasurable without the diminutive Warsaw stock IMO. :cool:
Glad to hear all went well at the range. I used to have an SKS. While I didn't really mind the short stock, it sure would have been nice to not have my thumb bashing on my nose. The Tapco stocks, while very much looked down upon, solve that problem. Probably the same with the AK.

So far I am very pleased with the Tapco addition. Finally makes this rifle shoot-able for both myself [larger] and my wife [much smaller]. I do not consider myself a firearms snob and have no issues with the plastic Tapco on a wood furniture AK. Never gonna sell it anyways and I am happy with it in its new configuration. Now it works! My first major requirement for any firearm. BTW- Are folks from Warsaw really that small? :s0114:

Had trigger pin walk out of a very old Bushmaster I owned. I took the pin out and chucked it in my drill and used a snall thin file to make a groove on each side and put in "C" clips on each side. I have never had a problem since and it didn't seem to weaken the pin. 800 plus rounds since the fix and everything looks good.

I wanted to keep all the wood on my WASR-10 but then I bought an UltiMAK optic mount rail. I have mount a Romeo 5 on it. :eek:

272A2693-9B3B-4D31-BD18-CF70BEEDF3D1.jpeg

Ah, gotcha. Did the wood that originally came with it crack when you tried to remove it? Mine did. o_O

No my wood is from the original has not broken yet and I was able to take off. I had to use a rubber mallet and towel with painters tape to drive buttstock out.

30DF3B46-AB7C-4DDE-8AB4-864488EB7C31.jpeg

I did buy a darker finish furniture set that I used for awhile. Then I got the Romanian furniture instead.

4F265225-95A1-4DE8-8FA6-425FD733963E.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads