JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Anymore I don't often take too many guns when going to shoot. Usually I'm by myself or with my grandson. I've gone before with only one gun to shoot and had something stupid happen, like leaving every magazine at home for the 10-22 I'd been waiting to shoot. Or forgetting hearing protection... It really sucks when a freak thing sends you home early.
Yesterday I took one gun to shoot, but also took extra ammo for my carry gun just in case I wanted to shoot it some.

I always bring a couple of the Harbor Freight floor magnets to pick up my AK steel cases. I guess I'll use them to find various AK parts now. :p
Wouldn't that make a fun ad for them in the flyer's? "Works great to pic up those Commie steel cases from your AK and to find the parts from same when they fall off". Would be great to someone to make up as a joke and put a couple here and there at one of the stores:D

I truly wish Amazon still sold gun parts. I hate buying stuff online from these retailers and having to pay more in shipping than the cost of the item.

I recently needed a screw for an AK shotgun. Midway wanted $.40 for what I needed and $6 to ship it.

Measured it and ordered 40 on Amazon for $2 shipped. Lol.
Um they do sometimes. At least I have bought some... I don't remember what, but it might have been 3 lug mounts for a suppressor.

Midway's shipping costs are often what sends me to other places.:(
That has a few times been a huge irritation to me too. Need some small, cheap part. Have no problem finding it but, then see they want many times the cost to ship it. The places that do it I guess just really do not want to deal with orders that small as its a cost to them to have people fill them. So it's either search elsewhere, or order more stuff. I have often used Midway to find the part, then use that info to search for it at other places, like Ebay. Often can find it where I don't pay many times the cost to ship it. They often kind of have you over a barrel though. While back front sight fell off my MKIV. Screw had just sheared off, looks like defective. Well of course to buy one was fun. Since I did not want to deal with it I paid enough to buy a dozen of the damn things to get one off Ebay. Just the way it goes some times :mad:

I may have been digging around in my console for a screw and nut. Surely the Ruskies have NEVER had that kind of troubles!!!!
Sorry to hear the date with old trusty AK went sour.

Well it wasn't a total loss of a day. I've learned more about repairing an AK than I ever thought I'd need. LOL You guys have helped keep it entertaining. By the way I did spit on the AK today. Gun didn't care. Thanks Stomper. That was one solution I had not thought of yet. Course I missed the rifle and hit the dog instead. :s0114: Dog didn't seem to mind. :rolleyes:

I walked across the street to see my neighbor today, as I could see him on his hands and knees looking for something he had dropped inside his garage.
His knees are shot since his tour in Vietnam, so I helped up from the concrete floor and he said that he dropped a small specialty washer that fits his weed wackers line spool.
I looked around for a bit and asked him if he had looked down inside the floor drain which was clear across his shop.
He said that there was no way it could have traveled that far.
After more searching without results, I took a small stick magnet and fished around the p trap and up comes the washer.
I don't think you could have rolled it into that drain hole if you tried.

That's interesting.
I am just getting ready to check them for some stuff. I'll pay close attention to the shipping. Thanks.

Alternatively, wait for one of the "free shipping" deals. Usually you need to buy $49 of stuff. They run them pretty frequently.

Often have a running list of small spare parts. Extra nice to haves, or replacements for stuff from the parts bins.

So was it the Shepard's crook wire that jumped the trigger pins and allowed them to walk out? Ive replaced a few of those with retaining wires with the retaining plates, they work very well.
I haven't had an issue with the hooks tbh. Seldomly take them out.
It's an AK, Fix with Hammer, if still no shoot, Get Bigger Hammer! :s0140::s0140::s0140:
But AK is hammer. You use hammer on hammer then. :confused:

It is a rare occurrence when I have less than 3 or 4 guns on a range day. Two trips ago I broke a extractor on a 7.62x39 AR so I shot the other guns I brought. Saturday my savage bolt action 22lr would not extract after shooting 20rds so I shot another 10 digging the cases with a pocket knife. I guess the torture test is over for it and a swabbing is in order, lol. No problem though as my Fal and a couple other AR's were running like sewing machines. Yep, pack as many as you can carry. Break one, throw it down and grab another.:cool:

I haven't had an issue with the hooks tbh. Seldomly take them out.

But AK is hammer. You use hammer on hammer then. :confused:
Agreed. Only had a single AK give me trouble a long time back looking for a solution and read about those plates. Saw the design and really liked them, installed two. Makes FCG reinstallation really fast.
Admittedly though, a little bit of practice with them and reinstallation with the wire is pretty much equally as easy.
My Npap still has the wire crook :)

My shepherd's hook on my WASR-10 did not do a good job have holding the trigger in place at all when was field strpping my AK. The trigger pin did not fall out but I had to be sure that pins were in place or my trigger would hang up. I replaced the shepherd's hook with a retaining plate instead and it made the trigger more secure.

Retaining Plate

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top