JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
WATCH: Hero Dad Saves 30 People From Gunman – Cops Show Up And Shoot HIM
Feb 3, 2018
Independence, Missouri – The man who should be celebrated as a hero for saving his wife, daughter, and at least 30 strangers from an armed gunman during an attempted robbery, is now recovering from a gunshot wound after police arrived at the scene and shot him.

Becker had his hands in the air, the officers shot him with a rifle, wounding his hip. Bystanders who witnessed the scene said that they were shocked to watch officers shoot the man who was brave enough to confront the gunman. ... "His gun was on the ground. He didn't have it in his hands any longer," she said.

Cops issued a statement, it has been removed from Facebook.

Newpaper:
Man shielding family from gunman complied with cops, witnesses say, but was still shot

Two shot by Independence police are expected to survive

TV:
Three Independence officers placed on leave after shooting 2 men at Dollar General

I feel bad, both for the man who was shot but as well for the people of that community whose tax dollars are going to be used for the huge settlement the guy will get.

How about "Hands up don't shoot?" Or a "White Lives Matter" march?
Another LaVoy Finicum or Vicki Weaver situation . . . somebodys got to die!?!?!?!?!?

Sheldon

At some point in size most Municipalities self insure. That means they have no insurance. Risk mitigation. If any meaningful investigation is carried out by the town it probably will come back either accidental or somehow justified.

Both of which is pure bueeell shieeet. What probably happened is the agency cop idiot still employed pulled either a Rambo or just lost it. Some individuals just do not act well under extreme pressure. This might be an example of that?

I'm normally a big supporter of police, but unless there's more to this story it sounds like someone got a bit trigger happy and has no business wearing a badge.

Sounds, and that is sounds, like one LEO screwed up. Again we know little yet but of course many are already all over "Cops" in general. The people who are really need to go live in a city where the Cops are no longer there for a while and see what they would end up with. It would not be like they fantasize. If the one Cop did screw up, hopefully he will be made to pay for the mistake. If it is as it sounds so far he was not qualified for the job he had. If, that is the big if. Thankfully the good guy lived and the people in the store lived. Said about 30 people were huddled in the store waiting for help. What that says to me is it's a damn shame so many sheep were helpless and waiting for someone with a gun to protect them.

Sounds, and that is sounds, like one LEO screwed up. Again we know little yet but of course many are already all over "Cops" in general. The people who are really need to go live in a city where the Cops are no longer there for a while and see what they would end up with. It would not be like they fantasize. If the one Cop did screw up, hopefully he will be made to pay for the mistake. If it is as it sounds so far he was not qualified for the job he had. If, that is the big if. Thankfully the good guy lived and the people in the store lived. Said about 30 people were huddled in the store waiting for help. What that says to me is it's a damn shame so many sheep were helpless and waiting for someone with a gun to protect them.

I'm so glad it was just the one LEO
getting closer to 'shoot first or die first' every day

Ive had to go to Maricopa County Jail. The staff were happy to see him go. Even the staplers said "Property of Sheriff Joe"

I been there too, I was sposed to get a 24 hr stay in fabulous tent city, but I refused to shave my beard off, so I spent the night in with the violent prisoners
--I guess they showed me good

Remember the 'restraint chair'? Shurf Joe spent many millions after his proles killed
prisoners in the restraint chair, boy oh boy they sure loved that thing

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads