JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Not a good idea to bum rush anybody in and armed state.
I'm not a big guy, a 55yo desk jocky. The disparity of force would almost always be against me. If a large young man were to bum rush me, what are my options? (retort)
Ditto , the days of mutually agreed fisticuffs are over , if I'm pumpin gas at the Minimart after midnight and a Dazzling Urbanite Knucklehead closes ground on me while muttering expletives and appears to be lookin to knock me down and batter me about the head ( or he is clutching part of a 2x4 mennacingly ) I will draw , do a mag dump , retreat to cover, top off and make sure his unseen friendlies are not comin to his aid then If I feel unsafe there will drive to a safer place and call 911 ...

Im not against LEO using force, when warranted. I know a ton of instances of good LEO deadly force uses go un reported. I respect what they do.

I just hope for those instances where it wasn't a clean shoot, there would be consequences.

Im not against LEO using force, when warranted. I know a ton of instances of good LEO deadly force uses go un reported. I respect what they do.

I just hope for those instances where it wasn't a clean shoot, there would be consequences.
It will likely result in fewer engagements in questionable conditions. Property crime will likely get less enforcement.

Expecting a Cop to 100% perfect in all situations that require split second judgement is just insane. Even the best trained will make a mistake. I hope this new law doesn't get an officer needlessly killed. For those that push this law, I'd love to have them ride for a month with an officer and see just what they have to deal with...I suspect their tune would change.

image.jpeg
I still support our LEOs , and I know if things go south initially the LEOs & NG will put their boots on the throats of the Antifa types and the CPUSA /BLM LaRaza/Mecha types and the SEIU street rabble

May I ask why a weapon would ever be used against someone who doesn't have a weapon? Seems like a baton, pepper spray, taser or physical strength would be the go to.

Yes, I am not an LEO. I am NOT going to let some thug attack me with his hands. I do not know that he has nothing on him, I do not know he is not high on some mind altering stuff, I do not know he will not kill me with his hands if he wins, I do not feel like taking a beating because some snowflake feels it's his right to attack me. Good enough? I do NOT want some LEO to let some scum get his hands on the Officers weapon. Attack a Cop? Get shot? To me this is play stupid games win stupid prizes. Anyone who thinks OC and or a baton is the be all to end all has been watching too much TV and or is living in a fantasy they they are Bruce Lee.

May I ask why a weapon would ever be used against someone who doesn't have a weapon? Seems like a baton, pepper spray, taser or physical strength would be the go to.

Escapes from facilities are an example. They may not be immediately armed, but the risk a person poses who just escaped and is desperate has resulted in law and policy that deadly force be authorized without duty to warn.

Breach of sensitive government buildings is another instance.

We're talking apple to oranges.
This law is around the shooting of un armed and non violent people.

This is not about the amped up meth head coming at the cop and meaNing to harm.

We're talking apple to oranges.
This law is around the shooting of un armed and non violent people.

This is not about the amped up meth head coming at the cop and meaNing to harm.

I have my doubts. I have not seen the entire law anywhere yet, did not know it was there to be seen. If it is I would like to read it even though I would probably still not be sure what it said. From the article this bothered me,

{A 2015 report by The Seattle Times found that 213 people had been killed by police in Washington between 2005 and 2014 — but just one officer was criminally charged.

In that case, an Everett police officer was acquitted by a jury.}
From what I read here they feel they need to pass a law for a problem that does not exist. They are claiming one shoot was taken to trial and a Jury said no. So they what, want a law to say juries should not be used? I have ZERO faith in the left and this "we hate all Cops" crap they are famous for.

I have my doubts. I have not seen the entire law anywhere yet, did not know it was there to be seen. If it is I would like to read it even though I would probably still not be sure what it said. From the article this bothered me,

{A 2015 report by The Seattle Times found that 213 people had been killed by police in Washington between 2005 and 2014 — but just one officer was criminally charged.

In that case, an Everett police officer was acquitted by a jury.}
From what I read here they feel they need to pass a law for a problem that does not exist. They are claiming one shoot was taken to trial and a Jury said no. So they what, want a law to say juries should not be used? I have ZERO faith in the left and this "we hate all Cops" crap they are famous for.
It appears their plan is to disarm us and de-fang cops. Then we can be just like mother England. There will be rainbows and unicorns. Dogs and cats will play together...
We already have the rainbows. :confused:

.. There are instances where deadly force is used to prevent escape or destruction of certain types of government property. Most cases the person is unarmed but are still shot, and for good reason. The law says in those instances, the box is checked and you pull the trigger. ....

If that's the law it needs changing. Shooting an unarmed person in the back as he runs away, merely for property damage (that's what insurance is for) is immoral. There are many good people who may have had a rough start in life and depriving a person of life and the chance to reform -- over mere property damage -- is medieval.

If a perp is retreating he may be seeking cover or going to get a weapon , cops don't generally do bad shoots ( This thread tree is starting to smell of " Hands up don't shoot " and BLM / Social Justice anti cop twaddle ...

If a perp is retreating he may be seeking cover or going to get a weapon , cops don't generally do bad shoots ( This thread tree is starting to smell of " Hands up don't shoot " and BLM / Social Justice anti cop twaddle ...

Wait, I think you are saying if someone has their hands up in the ultimate form of submission and compliance, its okay to shoot them. I hope you didn't but I think you did.

I'm not sure having a discussion about the use of force is anti-cop anymore than have a discussion about gun violence is anti gun. One egg might have a crack but the other 11 are good to go, I'll still bring up the cracked egg.

Wait, I think you are saying if someone has their hands up in the ultimate form of submission and compliance, its okay to shoot them. I hope you didn't but I think you did.

I'm not sure having a discussion about the use of force is anti-cop anymore than have a discussion about gun violence is anti gun. One egg might have a crack but the other 11 are good to go, I'll still bring up the cracked egg.
Hands up , don't shoot was a Lie used by MSM to stoke hatred of Police and it other lies led to a buncha Cops in Dallas being gunned down by a Dazzling Urbanite BLM knucklehead , this thread reeks of anti cop BS of the highest order( like the BS from
The the state & City folks pushin the neutering of the cops ...

If that's the law it needs changing. Shooting an unarmed person in the back as he runs away, merely for property damage (that's what insurance is for) is immoral. There are many good people who may have had a rough start in life and depriving a person of life and the chance to reform -- over mere property damage -- is medieval.

You misread what I wrote.

Haven't read the entire bill, but I think this is far from bad news. As I understand it, in WA a police officer is immune to prosecution unless you can prove mallace. While I don't believe officers see this as a license to kill, to have to prove basically the officer spitefully intended to execute a person they shot or killed is just too high a hurdle.
Again, no matter how negligent the shoot, unless you can prove what was in an officer's heart, no charges.
I believe they should have immunity similar to a Good Samaritan law and our defensive shooting law, they should not be protected for an obviously bad shoot.

We need the Cops to be able to (Save our Kids in School Shootings not Hide behind cruisers and wait for SWAT , Stand their Ground and restore order if Civil Unrest is Starting not do a tactical retreat like Almost 100 LAPD Cops at Florence & Normandy in 92 LA Riots did ...) there are already too many thoughts going through their heads when they have to act as Law Enforcement without having to worry about being crucified by Social Justice Litigators & Anti Cop sentiment from Politicians ...

Looks like Washington lawmakers are aiming to neuter their police officers.

Washington lawmakers move quickly on police deadly force law
I had some chick hassle me outside of Trader Joes to sign some petition for an amendment to make the police take extra training before they could be issued their sidearms (or some crap like that).

I refused to sign and she started yakking at me, at which point I said, "We support the police my family" - and STILL she wouldn't shut up....I wanted to quote her a line from an old Pretenders song ("I shot my mouth off...") - idiot

I had some chick hassle me outside of Trader Joes to sign some petition for an amendment to make the police take extra training before they could be issued their sidearms (or some crap like that).

I refused to sign and she started yakking at me, at which point I said, "We support the police my family" - and STILL she wouldn't shut up....I wanted to quote her a line from an old Pretenders song ("I shot my mouth off...") - idiot

People like her wave signs and hate cops, until, they are the victim of crime. Then they start screaming where were the Cops. Too bad more of them don't end up being victims of the scum they want to protect more often.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top