JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
When police get calls to domestic violence situations, it is one of the most dangerous aspects of their jobs. They are on edge, and it's not a good idea for anyone to have a firearm in hand at the scene. Plenty of LE are shot on these types of calls. Some are killed. Most are going to make sure they get home at end of shift. In the 1970's, I worked for the Game Department in Montana, and knew one of the Game Wardens. He was stationed in Columbia Falls. One afternoon, he went on a domestic violence call to assist a county deputy. A gun fight ensued and my friend lost his life. The only solace anyone could get out of it is that he killed the guy that shot him. It sounds as if Mr. Rodriguez is very fortunate indeed that he isn't deceased.

One afternoon, he went on a domestic violence call to assist a county deputy. A gun fight ensued and my friend lost his life. The only solace anyone could get out of it is that he killed the guy that shot him.

On the other side of the coin, the innocent public. One morning on a bright sunny So CA day, a mother decided to drive her kids to the train station. At the same time, a cop decided to speed through the small town (think Rodney King/Cop trial location) doing 80-100mph (45mph) with only his rear facing amber lights. Came around a curve and found my sister pulling out of the train station, a broadsided target. She never had a chance. Thank God she had just dropped off her two children at the station. While the cops were high fiving the officer involved in the TA, my sister was leaving a 6ft "fluid trail" on the street, unattended and alone. Until a member of the public asked about covering "the woman." Their response was that it didn't matter, she won't make it anyway. She was in a Coma/Brain Trauma facility for almost 10 years before she died, never regaining her ability to communicate. The cop was not on a call or involved in a pursuit. He has since been fired for additional "problems" and now works for another department. One that doesn't mind bad history. The danger of LE also should include the danger they often pose to an innocent public.

One husband, three young children survived. The city's insurance company paid out millions in taxpayer funds. No officers from across the country, "at great personal expense" showed up for my sister's funeral. However, for months after the crash, anyone associated with the department that needed a hospital visit, badge or family, went out of the city for hospital services. The woman (my sister) was a well loved and respected member of the nursing staff in that city's only hospital. Hospital staff also don't like to have one of their own treated the way cops hate to be treated.

I have a long history of respect and association with LE. But let's keep it real, they also make huge mistakes in the line of duty. But their mistakes often mean the death and/or violation of Civil Rights of innocent civilians. However, I also have to admit, it seems the bigger the city and the more LEO is paid, doesn't seem to mean a better quality of LE. Want to see some of the best, go to the country where we don't have large LE budgets.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top