JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I conceived the idea of this thread after my day today. I figure it might be therapeutic for people to share their stories of misfortune with the community :s0155:

A month ago our car got hit while parked in a parking lot at 10th & Washington. Took out the bumper and headlight, just under $2000 in damage. The next day the check engine light comes on, had to take it to the dealership and have the high pressure fuel pump replaced. I *just* got the car back today (the body shop coordinated with the dealership). I was cruising home with the top down enjoying the sun when I get rear-ended on 23rd and Glisan.... :s0002:

Anything bad happen to you lately that was more or less out of your control?

A month ago I had my favorite pistol stolen from my truck. I usually have lockitis but spaced it for one night and bam…….My fiance lost her job Monday and today I was giving my CZ a trigger job and putting the pin in to hold the sear cage in the gun and drove the lifter spring out the other side of the frame…….

We got hit last month, and the car was in the shop for almost three weeks. The body shop didn't do the job right, so back it went for another week. Oh, and the guy who hit us didn't have insurance (of course).

I'm a semi-pro blackjack player. I've memorized all of the tables, know the odds, how other cards impact the game, understand variance etc. I went to LaCenter last night with $260 in my pocket. I bought in for $100 around 9:20p. By 1ish I had around $550 in front of me. I left around 3 with $100 in my pocket. What a rotten run of cards.

joey, my dad always told me that "LUCK" was a residue of "SKILL" ! so i ask, what part did you take in this ? LOL !
cars, trucks, boats OR any watercraft, planes, motorcycles, and yard equipment....... i have always considered they fall under "MURPHEY'S LAW" !!!!!!! i can't even begain to tell you bout the yard equipment, but i will share one story!!!!!
started off, my wife bought a new john deere at lowes, went over to pick it up in the blazer, and no run ! so we left it there, and had to wait for following wk/nd for another....came home, and "neighbor begged" me to use his (old crappy craftsmen)i'v an acre to mow so i took him up on it...first there is a flat tire, so he says he has a tube of green slime to put in it, so i put that in, and read the tire ...15# max, at 12 # the valve stem blows out, and i'm covered w/green slime....what a mess ! now we take it off the chgr., and try to start....no start, a little starting fluid and bingo were going . take it home, and wife is the lawn mower king, so she jumps on, and off she goes..... in about 10 min. she comes in and says it keeps dying ! so i call the neighbor, and asked em if he cleaned the setiment bowl? NO! he said, so i pulled it off, and gas is running all over, turned off gas, and the bowl is a mess! (the whole things a mess) cleaned, and put together...turned on fuel, and no start, but i could smell gas, so i figured it was flooded....pulled the plug out, and had the wife turn it over, and "BOOM" now we have a fire, and i'm also on fire.....the wife jumps on me to put me out, then i have to run for fr/extgr to put out tractor..melted carb,hoses,plastic prts, and by the time i was done w/ it, it was 180 bucks !! the float was stuck open, and filled the entire engine full of fuel....NEVER AGAIN !!!!!

now thats a taste of "MURPHYS LAW"......steven

I just completed my taxes and see that I paid $20,000 in income tax withholding for 2011, and STILL had to cut a couple checks to the Fed and State for another $1,400 after it was all said and done... all those people on welfare depending on me must be VERY happy indeed. :mad:

I just completed my taxes and see that I paid $20,000 in income tax withholding for 2011, and STILL had to cut a couple checks to the Fed and State for another $1,400 after it was all said and done... all those people on welfare depending on me must be VERY happy indeed. :mad:

That is insane given your not super wealthy. And yeah I think most people that LIVE on welfare live a better life than I do trying to make a living. It just makes me pissed and angry

That is insane given your not super wealthy. And yeah I think most people that LIVE on welfare live a better life than I do trying to make a living. It just makes me pissed and angry

To top it all off... that doesn't include withholdings for Social Security, Medicare, etc.

Over twenty-one THOUSAND dollars of my money CONFISCATED for 2011 alone... funding them fancy Presidential Vacations.... ugggh. Guess I'm not patriotic enough.

I live on a soggy hill in Portland and recently discovered that the flimsy (underbuilt) foundation beneath my 57-year old 2-story house is broken and needs to be replaced. As I research the steps to fix it, I uncover layer after layer of added problems that need to be resolved at the same time - much more than a simple concrete job. Drains, oil tank, stilts, landscaping, plans, soil studies, permits, etc.

Half a dozen contractors are badgering me to hurry and get on the "spring schedule" while there is still an opening (they lack customers, and I'd be a sweet cash cow). Despite my specific list of jobs, not one of them can give me even a rough estimate, which I understand would incorporate room for inevitable changes.

The latest one to take a run at me speaks of all the "identical/similar" jobs he has done, but there are even more reasons why I cannot see any of them. So much for references. And he's not even currently licensed with CCB, which was not disclosed up front but rather discovered accidentally - oops! Yet I get voicemails that he wants to talk. About WHAT???

While the American dream of home ownership can be fulfilling for many, I wake up every day and wish I were renting.

Dude, great catch on the CCB registration! Word to the wise, DO NOT use an unlicensed/uninsured contractor. If they injur themselves on your property YOU could be on the hook for it, and most home owners' insurance will not cover it because legally they would be considered an employee and that is a workers' comp issue.

Ok... Sorry for the rant/hijack!

This is going to long.
In 1997 my Oldsmobile refused to go farther. Having just paid off all my debts, but still having a poor credit score I ended up buying a 1996 Nissan standard truck with 11,800 miles on it, nothing fancy, in good shape.
The first warning sign I did not see was that the truck was beautiful red color.
Five months later I'm parked in front of a store, Veterans Day, some f_rt in a big old tank from the early 70's back out of his slot, swinging his riverboat so that it clipped my truck behind the cab.
500 dollar deductible, 450 to repair.
About six months later while waiting at a red light, I'm reared ended by a lady, 600 to repair.
Four months later the store manager comes back to the meat department and tells me that my truck has been jacked up, in broad daylight, ant the front tires and wheels were gone. Called the cops and while I was talking to the officer, a tow truck driver pulled up and apologized for taking the tires from the wrong red Nissan.
While waiting at a another red light, I was reared again, this six months later. Another 350 dollars.
By this point I decided to not do the body repairs; if it looks ugly people will avoid you, RIGHT
!
Seven months later a young kid pulled out and raked my truck down the entire left side, 3200 dollar.
My meat manager then said, Next time don't buy a truck that is hit me red.
I move back to Washington, the state not the city :s0114:. Again I'm reared. 1100 dollars
Two years later I'm in the hospital for 13 days nearly die and almost lose my leg because a twit of a doctor.
Thirty day in a wound recover ward.
I finally get to the point I can walk enough to drive my truck IT"S STOLEN along with a lot of my emergency gear.
Anybody want me them buy lotto tickets with their money ?

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads