JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Alot of people have that one gun that they were warned about that turned out was actually a good gun. The one that maybe didn't look that good, didn't have the name brand reputation(or price). names include FIE Titan tiger, Hi Point, Lorcin and the like, what do you have that does a good job, but no one would believe it?

I have a couple to speak of, my first is Hi Point...I have owned three 2 C9 9MM's and the 9mm Carbine. I only had one malfunction between the three of them. they were all good shooters, reliable...but ugly.
My other is the FIE Titan Tiger .38 SPL with a 4 IN barrel. I have had this gun for many years and shoot many, many rounds through it. It is a very acurate pistol but the best thing about it is that it works reliably...always. I would trust either to my life, but have others that I carry.
I just get tired of hearing the negative about different guns that really are unfounded.

YouTube - Hi-Point Pistols: The Ultimate Test
:)

I appreciate the idea of hi point firearms. Making guns that work reasonably well available to lower income people is a good thing. I still would not ever want to own one though if I could afford something better. Ugly, heavy, bad trigger, snappy recoil, pretty much everything about them sucks but they *do* work, and if all you can afford is a $150 pistol then a hi-point C9 might be a good choice.

If I was poor I would probably try to save up another $70 and get a surplus CZ-82 instead though. Or perhaps a makarov of some sort.
Czech CZ-82 9x18 Pistol

I bought a used Phoenix arms .22 pistol that is a lot of fun and economical to shoot. Fixed a minor problem by replacing the firing pin and spring. I could have spent more for a better gun, but the purpose is to shoot a LOT and spend a LITTLE (for the gun, for amo).

My "bad gun" is my 1911. My father spend 21 years in the Army. He hated the 1911 military versions they had. Always told me you could hit someone easier by throwing it at them.

About two years ago I bought my first handgun. A S&W Commander sized. Love the gun. Love the accuracy. I'm sure my dad is rolling over in his grave.

Mine is a 1911 style also. It's officially a firestorm gov't 45 auto. Thing rattles when you shake it. Bought it for 300 on an impulse, it was my second hand gun after I unloaded a hipoint c9 to a buddy. It didn't like the Winchester jhp I put in the very first time out. But knock on would it has never had a hang up with ball ammo. It sits in by bug out bag, as a 45 fmj is a decent all around do everything round. The thing is pretty accurate also, the coolest part is the ejector is alot like the smith and wesson style, never needs to be adjusted.

As I understand 1911's have issues if they are in the hands of someone that isen't very savvi. one they get right though, they are a great weapon, sometimes just takes some tweaking.

I'd say mine is my Kel-Tec PF-9. A lot of people say they are cheap guns with reliability problems unless you work them over a lot (fluff and buff, changing springs, etc.) I got mine new stock, and have left it that way. I have shot hundreds of rounds through it, and although it's pretty snappy to shoot, which hey for such a small, light gun that shoots a 9mm it's expected. It has run perfect and I have not had a single problem with it. It's not the most accurate being that it has such a short barrel and has a lot of kick to it, but me getting shots on center mass at 20 feet one or two handed is no problem all day long.
Despite it's unpleasantness to shoot, it's power, size, and reliability is the reason I choose it as my daily carry.

I'd say mine is my Kel-Tec PF-9. A lot of people say they are cheap guns with reliability problems unless you work them over a lot (fluff and buff, changing springs, etc.) I got mine new stock, and have left it that way. I have shot hundreds of rounds through it, and although it's pretty snappy to shoot, which hey for such a small, light gun that shoots a 9mm it's expected. It has run perfect and I have not had a single problem with it. It's not the most accurate being that it has such a short barrel and has a lot of kick to it, but me getting shots on center mass at 20 feet one or two handed is no problem all day long.
Despite it's unpleasantness to shoot, it's power, size, and reliability is the reason I choose it as my daily carry.

Totally agree, my PF-9 is my Bug Gun and operates perfect. I did have to polish the feed ramp a bit, for hollow points, but other then that it does what it was intended to.

I also used to hear a lot of 'bad' storeis about the little M1-Carbine. I have a Postal Meter version and can knock that X-Ring out all day long at 100 yards. Great little carbine.

I remember 9 years ago when the hardcore glock guys said the Springfield XD would be a flop...

From the standpoint of breaking into the LEO market, they were correct. It's done fairly well catching on with CCW carriers, but I don't think any large LEO agencies have adopted it...

Picked up a Rohm RG14 .22 at a garage sale for $25. Fun little plinker, can't say i've put thousands of rounds thru it without a failure but if you just keep pulling the trigger eventually all 6 will leave the pipe. When shooting double action the safest place to be is directly in front of me but with single action I can hit stationary clay pigeon targets at 50 ft.

I love my old Rossi .38 snubbie. Reasonably accurate, and solid as a brick wall. I got it at a pawn shop for around $150 and it was pretty well used already, but several hundred rounds later and never a single problem.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top