JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I just read this and was about to post, this is insane.

...the NYPD can reject gun license applicants for a number of reasons, including:

If they have been arrested or convicted of almost any "violation," in any state; having a "poor driving history"; having been fired for "circumstances that demonstrate lack of good judgment"; having "failed to pay legally required debts"; being deemed to lack "good moral character"; or if any other information demonstrates "other good cause for the denial of the permit."...

I want to know who is going to be the judge that "deems good or bad moral character". Also the part I underlined leaves it wide open for them to deny anyone, for any reason, even if that's everyone, for no real reason.

Best to keep government out of our lives and this is a perfect example at to why you don't vote for democrats. Cast your vote wisely because you will have to live under the laws they make.

jj

Best to keep government out of our lives and this is a perfect example at to why you don't vote for democrats. Cast your vote wisely because you will have to live under the laws they make.

Luckily NYC elected Republican Mayor Michael Bloomberg in 2001 and he is busy rolling back these unconstitutional gun control laws...oh, wait, he isn't. :p

jj

Democrats? Where you been for the past decade, boy?

Anybody who thinks there's a substantive difference between D&R ain't payin' attention.

Me, I'll never again vote for ANYONE with a (D) or an (R) after their name. NEVER AGAIN!

Gun permitting continuum of infringement:

0 -- No permit required for open/concealed carry. (e.g. AZ, VT, AK)
1 -- No permit required for open carry. SHALL-ISSUE for concealed (e.g. Oregon, WA)
2 -- No permit required for open carry. MAY-ISSUE for concealed.
4-- Permit SHALL-ISSUE for open carry, permit SHALL-ISSUE for concealed.
5 -- Permit SHALL-ISSUE for open carry, permit MAY-ISSUE for concealed.
6 -- Permit MAY-ISSUE for open carry, MAY-ISSUE for concealed.

Looks like NY is at the far end of the scale.

Best to keep government out of our lives and this is a perfect example at to why you don't vote for democrats.

jj

This statement does not make sense to me.

I read the article and it really did not conclude who was behind the measure. But note that Bloomberg was a republican when he was elected mayor (he presently calls himself an independent). And note that Councilman Vallone, who is introducing legislation to lower the gun and rifle permit fees, is a democrat.

The article states: "But Halloran and Vallone say the proposed restrictions give the NYPD so much authority that they violate the Second Amendment." Halloran is a republican and Vallone is a democrat. They are both defending the second amendment.

On the other hand, Paul Helmke, president of the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence and one who apparently is defending the restrictions (according to the article), is a republican.

Confusing, isn't it?

I agree with Chemist that Rs and Ds are basically the same thing. I believe that when you get down to just two parties, it very easily becomes one party with a bunch of bad actors.

I am not defending any party.

NY is a democrat city and Bloomberg had to act like a democrat to be elected. RINOs do that. With mostly democrats in the city I suspect this law will go through.

jj

Democrats? Where you been for the past decade, boy?

Anybody who thinks there's a substantive difference between D&R ain't payin' attention.

Me, I'll never again vote for ANYONE with a (D) or an (R) after their name. NEVER AGAIN!

I have lived in this country for 58+ years and have seen the liberal progressive slowly erode our way of life. Led by the democrats with Rino repub comming in along the way. Your only chance at getting your country back is to vote repub and hold them accountable. The Democrat party is lost to the commie progressives. Should they keep getting their way your gun rights are gone.

jj

So by New York logic if you have any of these violations such as J-walking, Speeding ticket, etc.. you should not qualify for any other license either like a business license or a or drivers license, building permits, dog license, vehicle registration, food service worker card, taxi driver? Right? it only makes "common sense" Right?

So by New York logic if you have any of these violations such as J-walking, Speeding ticket, etc.. you should not qualify for any other license either like a business license or a or drivers license, building permits, dog license, vehicle registration, food service worker card, taxi driver? Right? it only makes "common sense" Right?

Works for me. If you're going to make byzantine laws, punish a healthy cross section of the population so you're not targeting a particular segment. I believe the philosophy is called "No one's innocent". I for one would sleep better knowing my pedicab driver doesn't lack "good moral character".:)

Works for me. If you're going to make byzantine laws, punish a healthy cross section of the population so you're not targeting a particular segment. I believe the philosophy is called "No one's innocent". I for one would sleep better knowing my pedicab driver doesn't lack "good moral character".:)

I really hope that was sarcasm...

Amendment 2 - Right to Bear Arms. Ratified 12/15/1791.

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Why is it soooooo hard to understand?

Quote from the OP's linked article...

"As result, Councilman Peter F. Vallone Jr., chairman of the Public Safety Committee, introduced a proposal to lower the city's fees for gun permits ( Unconstitutional Infringement)to ones that more accurately reflect what the city spends to issue them.

"Now the fees (Unconstitutional Infringement) are going to be much less and they're going to have a relationship to the amount of administrative costs that are involved, and in that way it will withstand the Constitution and the court challenge that most people expect will be coming down the road," Vallone told FoxNews.com.

The current $340 fee (Unconstitutional Infringement) for all pistol licenses (Unconstitutional Infringement) would be lowered to $70 for a premises license and $110 for a carry license (Unconstitutional Infringement) . Rifle and shotgun permits (Unconstitutional Infringement) would drop from $140 to $65 (Unconstitutional Infringement) . Costs for license renewals (Unconstitutional Infringement) would also be significantly reduced."

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top