JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I think any fee, requirement, rule, regulation, law that restricts our RIGHT TO BEAR ARMS is Unconstituntional.

Amendment 2 - Right to Bear Arms. Ratified 12/15/1791.
A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

I am a little slow...Would someone please explaine to me what shall not be infringed means?

"With the lower fees, the New York Police Department also introduced revisions to the police department's gun permit procedures, which, unlike Vallone's bill, need only approval from the mayor's office, not the City Council."

So the Mayor's approval is above the Constitution?

Do the people of New York get to vote on the New York Police Department Introduced Revisions?

What a bunch of bull...

What is freedom?

Gun permitting continuum of infringement:

0 -- No permit required for open/concealed carry. (e.g. AZ, VT, AK)
1 -- No permit required for open carry. SHALL-ISSUE for concealed (e.g. Oregon, WA)
2 -- No permit required for open carry. MAY-ISSUE for concealed.
4-- Permit SHALL-ISSUE for open carry, permit SHALL-ISSUE for concealed.
5 -- Permit SHALL-ISSUE for open carry, permit MAY-ISSUE for concealed.
6 -- Permit MAY-ISSUE for open carry, MAY-ISSUE for concealed.

Looks like NY is at the far end of the scale.

AZ, VT, AK and should be the entire United States of America!

Gun permitting continuum of infringement:

0 -- No permit required for open/concealed carry. (e.g. AZ, VT, AK)
1 -- No permit required for open carry. SHALL-ISSUE for concealed (e.g. Oregon, WA)
2 -- No permit required for open carry. MAY-ISSUE for concealed.
4-- Permit SHALL-ISSUE for open carry, permit SHALL-ISSUE for concealed.
5 -- Permit SHALL-ISSUE for open carry, permit MAY-ISSUE for concealed.
6 -- Permit MAY-ISSUE for open carry, MAY-ISSUE for concealed.

Looks like NY is at the far end of the scale.

I don't think the scale is complete... aren't there states that "shall NOT issue" a concealed handgun license to anyone?

I agree with Chemist that Rs and Ds are basically the same thing. I believe that when you get down to just two parties, it very easily becomes one party with a bunch of bad actors.

Anybody who thinks there's a substantive difference between D&R ain't payin' attention.

I have lived in this country for 58+ years and have seen the liberal progressive slowly erode our way of life. Led by the democrats with Rino repub comming in along the way. Your only chance at getting your country back is to vote repub and hold them accountable. The Democrat party is lost to the commie progressives. Should they keep getting their way your gun rights are gone.

jj

With respect sir, I have lived in this country for a little over half of what you have and politics during my lifetime has been little more than poorly performed theater. I recall watching pro wrestling as a very young teen and laughing at the mock theatrics. As a slightly older teen, I became aware of politics and was extremely disheartened by the striking similarities between pro wrestling and the political players. This division of 'left' and 'right' has allowed the people's power and rights (yours and mine) to be eroded. The maxim "Divide and Conquer" has been used with great effectiveness in our country.

Insurance companies took a lot of flak when they started checking credit on people applying for car insurance..

Bottom line, a credit report might not tell the whole tale, but whether a person honors his commitments, has a stable residence, shown to be trustworthy, cares about his creit...ect....is not a bad indicator in my book if he can be trusted with a car, gun, plane, your 401k..

Insurance companies took a lot of flak when they started checking credit on people applying for car insurance..

Bottom line, a credit report might not tell the whole tale, but whether a person honors his commitments, has a stable residence, shown to be trustworthy, cares about his creit...ect....is not a bad indicator in my book if he can be trusted with a car, gun, plane, your 401k..

Except, it is not up to you, the government, or anyone else to decide whether or not someone is trustworthy to have a gun. Owning a gun is a right, unlike a car, plane etc. It is a person's RIGHT to bear arms, unless that right is taken away for specific circumstances.

By the way, if we are going to use credit ratings to determine who can own a gun, why don't we just do it based on how much money you have. That basically is the criteria California uses to issue their concealed carry permits it seems.

With respect sir, I have lived in this country for a little over half of what you have and politics during my lifetime has been little more than poorly performed theater. I recall watching pro wrestling as a very young teen and laughing at the mock theatrics. As a slightly older teen, I became aware of politics and was extremely disheartened by the striking similarities between pro wrestling and the political players. This division of 'left' and 'right' has allowed the people's power and rights (yours and mine) to be eroded. The maxim "Divide and Conquer" has been used with great effectiveness in our country.

The progressives have taken over both parties so you are right that both parties today are like two cheeks on the same but. However to effect change true Americans must be voted into a party that has power enough to do something. The democrat party is all progressives and the republican party is all that is left.

Real change if you don't do it by politics can only come at the barrel of a gun. Better to try the vote first.

jj

Being more of a Constitutionalist/Libertarian leaning citizen, you won't find me defending the actions of the Democrats or Republicans very often. I have however researched in detail prior politicians and their stances on gun control for other projects of mine. In brief, liberals are not the ones in which you can place all the blame on for our deteriorating 2A rights. You also cannot give them too much credit for protecting it.

Richard Nixon. He wanted to make hand guns illegal and require registration and permitting on hunting rifles and shotguns. "Guns are an abomination".

Ronald Reagan: The Mulford Act.
Ronald Reagan: Supported the Brady Bill long after he was president.

Bush Sr: Banned importation of "Assault Weapons."
Bush Sr: Helped persuade congress during the Clinton Age to push the Brady bill through. Do you think Clinton designed the bill or was it on the table years before he took office?

Want to talk about Giuliani?

We can go on pointing fingers, but the bottom line is that politicians are untrustworthy when it comes to our 2A, especially when they're out there vote gathering or clinging to power.
The information is out there, do a few searches if you are interested in the truth. There are plenty of documented statements, laws etc on the topic.

What about the people who chose to only use cash? I know a handful of people who decided long ago to not purchase anything without the cash in hand. If they have to borrow it then they will wait.

So they are bad people making bad decisions? Untrustworthy? Will not honor their commitments?

Last Edited:
Insurance companies are like the mafia in a way. They charge you for something you have not done yet. They have you to pay and pay and pay so if one day you need them they might help you. Then might even drop you or charge you more if you actually need them.

What about those people who have paid for 50+ years to the insurance companies, have had no accidents but are dropped because they are considered a higher risk now.

And I knew a girl once who was the best girl driver I have ever met. She did drugs, slept with anyone for drugs, she would steal for drugs and she would use whomever and lie threw her teeth to get what she wanted. Oh by the way. She was a rich girl who had credit cards, a beautiful Mustang and lots of her personal bling.

There is alot more to people then their finances or credit!

Last Edited:
The progressives have taken over both parties so you are right that both parties today are like two cheeks on the same but.

I agree with you that both parties today are like two cheeks on the same butt. They share the same mouthpiece.:s0114:

But progressives taking over the republicans...I disagree. If anything, it was the neocons, with their Project for a New American Century, that took over the Republicans. The cabinet back then had several neocons. And these days, neocon Zbigniew Brzezinski is still hanging around today with Obama.

But what I actually see is the that the multinational corporations (especially banks and "money"-related businesses), with the aid of the Supreme Court (Justice Lewis Powell and the more recent decisions that allow the multinationals to buy candidates and elections), have taken over both parties.

I support neither of the two major parties.

If we applied the same mentality to the 1A as politicians do the 2A, we would only be trusted with the right of free speech if we happen to belong to a state run news agency. Unless of course we passed a background check and proved our innocence FIRST, then I'm sure the authorities would grant us permission to apply for a special permit. LMAO!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top