JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Bought a few thousand .45ACP mixed range brass out of Texas. Processing since last weekend as time allows. This poor dude had a bad day. Primer pierce/blow out and bulged the brass bad. Just going into the brass recycling bin, but yikes!

4F6981B9-F7A4-4C3C-8307-09944A985C27.jpeg

Bought a few thousand .45ACP mixed range brass out of Texas. Processing since last weekend as time allows. This poor dude had a bad day. Primer pierce/blow out and bulged the brass bad. Just going into the brass recycling bin, but yikes!

View attachment 732857

Well ya should have bought mine, I could've found someone to mule em down to ya cheap...:D:D:D

On a serious note, I'm glad that nothing bad happened to you. That's some scary chit brother!!!

@DizzyJ @Caveman Jim, not my loads, I bought what I thought was 5k, but turns out 5105, (bonus!) Mix of range brass 45 ACP out of Texas. This one was in the mix, as well as a number of military crimps that got in there too. Prob why they sent 105 extra.

# of processed 45 cases last Sunday undersizing, depriming, and sorting large primer from the small primer. Almost all are now roll-formed, but washing/cleaning them all will take some time.
IMG_2096.jpg

@Caveman Jim for sure on the brass did not see you had some for sale. I am prob good for now.

That's a weird blowout!

The primer blowouts I have seen have never looked like this.

It is way too 'smooth' - almost looks like a drilled hole.

The edges of the hole are smooth like it was chemically cut not mechanically. (heat and pressure most likely) also very bulged base so bad only half the case would go into the case gage. I am sure it would form up and work, but after it saw the trama it did, its retired into the old brass box for recycling.

What causes this? It almost looks like a small brass plate overlay.
I have never seen anything like that... o_O
45ACP case_LI.jpg

Honestly I have bought a metric bubblegum ton of WWB and cannot remember anything that was bad with them and I have many 40S&W Win cases that are on their 3rd firings.
I have seen a lot of cases that are damaged by the firearms they were shot through though. ;)

Ive seen wwb out of spec to where on a new or tight chamber it wont fully chamber.

Honestly I have bought a metric bubblegum ton of WWB and cannot remember anything that was bad with them and I have many 40S&W Win cases that are on their 3rd firings.
I have seen a lot of cases that are damaged by the firearms they were shot through though. ;)

Yeah, I know....:oops: Most of it is probably just fine. I've heard, and seen, once, several rounds, happened to be .45 acp too, in a 100 count box that the slugs were pushed into the case scary far.

I know EXACTLY how that happened... ;)

It's what happens when one accidentally stupidly loads a 9mm into the mag of one's .40 S&W and then proceeds to get the damned thing stuck like a tick on a hound in the chamber after it goes *pop* instead of BANG!!! :s0140:

You found it! I know EXACTLY how that happened... ;)

It's what happens when one accidentally stupidly loads a 9mm into the mag of one's .40 S&W and then proceeds to get the damned thing stuck like a barnacle in the chamber after it goes *pop*... :s0140:
Wouldn't that cause the entire casing to expand, though? This is just around where the bullet was and at a funky angle, too.

When I *finally* got the 9mm case out of my 40, that's exactly what it looked like. Exactly...

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top