JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Cops are people too.

There is no real expectation for them to be honest, polite, skilled at their craft or law abiding. I heard this quoted and believe it is completely true. 10% of people will be dishonest in everything they do, 10% of people will always be honest and above board and the 80% in the middle will go with whomever they are standing closest too when the decision is made.

Thus, if a police department has lousy leadership, most officers will reflect that standard. If they have honest leadership, they reflect that standard as well. Constant exposure to the sewage of society, the endless lying drunks, sex offering hoochies and scumbags of all stripes is as bad for them as tobacco.

@ post 65 http://www.northwestfirearms.com/off-topic/155032-bad-cops-thread-4.html#post1012217

I believe 9/10 cops are just trying to do a good job. Go home at the end of their shifts.

But even so, those who are the bad apples seem to stick around and around. Surrounded and protected by the blue wall. (black now)

Cops need to police their own - to get rid of the bad apples. period.
We as a society need to end the needless /endless war on everything.
Then Cops can get back to service.

Of those cops who are "bad" some are the donut eaters. Never available to answer less fun calls - like domestic disturbances. Always at the trough taking overtime.
Some bad cops are gang members - they wear colors (black, blue, brown, green, grey) Tehy have code words (10-7) hand signals and are heavily armed. Those are cops we need to fear.
Some are go alongs. Stop and Frisk boss, it violates the constitution but since you asked me to do that, no problem, I'll stop and frisk.

What can we do as a society?
1 - hold the politicos to account
2 - ensure the cops get training - like on how to respond to mentally challenged, dogs, diabetes, seizures
3 - carry

@ post 65 http://www.northwestfirearms.com/off-topic/155032-bad-cops-thread-4.html#post1012217

I believe 9/10 cops are just trying to do a good job. Go home at the end of their shifts.

But even so, those who are the bad apples seem to stick around and around. Surrounded and protected by the blue wall. (black now)

Cops need to police their own - to get rid of the bad apples. period.
We as a society need to end the needless /endless war on everything.
Then Cops can get back to service.

Of those cops who are "bad" some are the donut eaters. Never available to answer less fun calls - like domestic disturbances. Always at the trough taking overtime.
Some bad cops are gang members - they wear colors (black, blue, brown, green, grey) Tehy have code words (10-7) hand signals and are heavily armed. Those are cops we need to fear.
Some are go alongs. Stop and Frisk boss, it violates the constitution but since you asked me to do that, no problem, I'll stop and frisk.

What can we do as a society?
1 - hold the politicos to account
2 - ensure the cops get training - like on how to respond to mentally challenged, dogs, diabetes, seizures
3 - carry

you had your numbers backwards. if the good cops stand buy they are also bad cops. maybe 1 in 10 will do the right thing..

what about the inosent people killed or hurt by the bad cops and the (supposed) good cops stand by and say nothing, don't they want to just go home that night? if they stand by they are a lousy cop and should be gotten rid of also.

Unbelievable, this kangaroo court is trying to blame an unarmed man for the actions of two policemen who fired blindly into a crowd & hit 2 people. Where do they get cops this stupid?

So, by that same logic, if a swat team goes to the wrong address and kicks in my door with a no-knock warrant, and shoot me and my dogs, they should be charge with felony assault (and or murder I) for recklessly creating the situation endangering the members of my household.

Cops have feelings too. Can they share them with you? Their inner child cries from deep within. Nurture me brother we both can win.

For every nincompoop who says "cops" are human too and make mistakes.... get real! They are trained and paid to not make mistakes. You ok with drunk airline pilots???? It is crystal and undeniably clear that as the police state grows more and more cops are literally getting away with murder and other public mayhem while apologists say cops are people too. Yes, but they are trained to think first, then shoot. Are you OK with "doctors" are human too?? Well, they have to have malpractice insurance...how about cops not being able to hide behind the taxpayers pocket book?? Sure give them $300.00 extra to pay for their own malpractice insurance....they get in too many sketchy illegal use of force or other conduct unbecoming...they lose their insurance and their job. John Q. Public is held accountable for his mistakes. So should those who choose the profession to "protect and serve". Apologists for holding them accountable enable the police state. Bad cops shouldn't be cops at all any longer, screw up, lose your livelihood. You have someone's life in your hands you better check the address a third time or whatever. There are plenty of good cops but not enough of the bad cops are losing their jobs. Certain professions demand professionalism, knowledge and character. I'll bet if a study was done many of these "mistakes" weren't the first questionable call by these men and women. Accountability is not too much to ask for.

Brutus Out

Cops are people too.

There is no real expectation for them to be honest, polite, skilled at their craft or law abiding...

Are you f**ing kidding me? I am expected to be honest, polite, skilled at my craft and law abiding at my job. If I fail at any one of those, I can kiss my career and my business good bye. Yes, cops are people too. They need to at least meet the same standards as anyone else.

The obvious difference is that they have the power to arrest and use lethal force with little or no consequence when they get it wrong.

They need to be held to a higher standard, or rather hold themselves to a higher standard if they expect us to respect them. If I were to behave like a cop, they would kill me and call it a justifiable shooting.

You police officers reading and posting on this thread, ask yourself, Have you ever broke the law? Has any of you colleagues ever broke the law? Have you ever covered for one of your cop buddies on a crime? Have you ever got a pass yourself? If you want us to take you seriously, if you want our trust, stop it.

I have an uncle who is retired LE. The stories he tells...

Last Edited:
Vigilantes, maybe?? . . . Friends or family of the victims, maybe?? . . . We can dream can't we??

In either case or neither, a good outcome!!

Sheldon

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews