JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Just like the cowards who shoot dogs who pose no threats. The bubbleguming officer had the upper hand and had everything in his advantage.

Edit:
Advantage; as defined as standing, not sitting, nothing to do with a disability..

The dude in the chair didn't want the officer to take his jacket. That was obvious. When the officer escalated it.. Good grief!

Last Edited:
OK Dyjital you may want to edit your post
The guy was put in a wheel chair by the staff,he wasn't confined to a wheel chair because of disabilities other than being drunk.So let's get the 'handicap' BS of the table.
And he should have quit fighting the officer.
But the cop needs some training if he couldn't control the guy without punching him in the face twice.
But hey,his charges will be dropped and he won't lose a dime over it.So why not go the easy route?
Kind of a chicken dropping if you ask me

OK Dyjital you may want to edit your post
The guy was put in a wheel chair by the staff,he wasn't confined to a wheel chair because of disabilities other than being drunk.So let's get the 'handicap' BS of the table.
And he should have quit fighting the officer.

I should have clarified... And I edited above.

Leverageamd being above somebody gives you the advantage. Not any disability. Physical advantage.

If I were a betting man, and the guy had given the officer his jacket money says he would have searched it. Was probably the only reason he pushes the guy to take it and do a polite thing to put it on the back of the chair.

I think any reasonable human being would just be like "well fine keep it there.."

~reasonable human being~???? He was Drunk & Disorderly, the latter by disrupting the Law Enforcement Officers WORK. Had he Not Been Drunk, most likely he would not have been arrested... That is ~reasonable~!!!!

As unkempt as the suspect was, had he broken skin, as he clawed the LEO, who knows what Contamination to the Officer might have happened... For instance, had the drunk deficated earlier, and not washed his hands... The Biological Contamination from a finger clawing incident, would be worse than one would think.

~Advantage~ ???? Yes, the LEO had advantage!!! I would hope that ANY LEO, dealing with a Drunk, would have "Advatage", And Use It.

I have little, Very LITTLE compassion, for those who get so drunk, that they place themselves in the Position, To Be Arrested!!!

As much as we could see in the entire video, the LEO used just enough force, to subdue, had I been on a jury, for the incident (if it went to court, rtc.) I was say the LEO was innocent...

There was MINIMUM violent Re-action, to an attack upon the Officer.

philip

"Shut up, back up, or I'll arrest you to" says the bad cop to the intake lady. It looked cold in there as the lady was wearing a hoodie sweatshirt. No wonder the drunk wanted to keep his jacket on.

Well it looks to me as usual the a cop is trying to take control.... just let the drunk take off his jacket and leave him alone....did not look like a threat to me... and as for 2 shots to the face it looks like a few more than that....

If this was at intake, all the clothes are taken. If not willingly, by force. Its a huge safety issue.

Generally though, strikes to the face are reserved for self-defense just short of lethal force. Balance disruption, counter joint techniques, strikes to major muscle groups, hair holds, OC, thats where I would have likely been.

Bad cop awarded for high (false) arrest numbers.

This would never fly here. A quick trip to the ER and you can be sure without having to book someone. There are also mouth swabs that are pretty accurate.

As far as how drugs metabolize, marijuana is the slowest drug to leave your system. If its not there, its not there. I've seen people show hot for several weeks. Other drugs like heroin and meth will metabolize after a few days to a week. Regardless, a lab report shows how many nanograms of whatever is in your system. You can determine how long it has been since it was last used and whether the person is instantly impaired. None of this takes longer than a few days to verify.

I can tell you all for a fact, anyone can "fail" a field sobriety test when sober as a judge. Just takes some nerves, maybe being tired, and an officer like the guy in the video.

Another thing that gets me is numbers related awards. Besides my paycheck, I shouldn't receive anything for doing my job. It creates a conflict of interest. Sure, you pull someone out of a sinking car or some other truly heroic BS, maybe recognition is warranted.

Good news, the officer is facing charges. The bad news is they are only misdemeanors.

Hopefully the Cop will lose his job. I doubt even a good union can save this one and that's as it should be. I am fine with him only getting charged with a misdemeanor as long as he loses his job. He is looking at more trouble for his report. As often happens in these kind of things it's the cover up that is worse. He wrote his report as a cover up and I'm sure he knew full well he did. That he was dumb enough to do this where he should know he was on tape tells me a lot. LEO's have a VERY hard job these days. Some just do not have the control to handle it. This guy is obviously a case of one who does not have the self control for the job. He just lost his temper and way over reacted. I VERY much support LE but, when a bad one does something like this they need to be removed from the job. This is the kind of thing that gets good Cops hurt. People who have a constant hate on for all Cops use stuff like this to paint them all.

This would never fly here. A quick trip to the ER and you can be sure without having to book someone. There are also mouth swabs that are pretty accurate.

As far as how drugs metabolize, marijuana is the slowest drug to leave your system. If its not there, its not there. I've seen people show hot for several weeks. Other drugs like heroin and meth will metabolize after a few days to a week. Regardless, a lab report shows how many nanograms of whatever is in your system. You can determine how long it has been since it was last used and whether the person is instantly impaired. None of this takes longer than a few days to verify.

I can tell you all for a fact, anyone can "fail" a field sobriety test when sober as a judge. Just takes some nerves, maybe being tired, and an officer like the guy in the video.

Another thing that gets me is numbers related awards. Besides my paycheck, I shouldn't receive anything for doing my job. It creates a conflict of interest. Sure, you pull someone out of a sinking car or some other truly heroic BS, maybe recognition is warranted.
:s0101::s0101::s0101:

If this was at intake, all the clothes are taken. If not willingly, by force. Its a huge safety issue.

Generally though, strikes to the face are reserved for self-defense just short of lethal force. Balance disruption, counter joint techniques, strikes to major muscle groups, hair holds, OC, thats where I would have likely been.

I have to deal with people like this drunk at one job all the time. We DO NOT do it like that guy did and it's not needed. I have a couple partners who are quite good at it.
With some clown like this two of us can take down and control him with no help. Those 2 Cops surely could have dealt with this without the smacking him around because you're mad, which is what happened here. You have to be able to control your temper better than that.

I have to deal with people like this drunk at one job all the time. We DO NOT do it like that guy did and it's not needed. I have a couple partners who are quite good at it.
With some clown like this two of us can take down and control him with no help. Those 2 Cops surely could have dealt with this without the smacking him around because you're mad, which is what happened here. You have to be able to control your temper better than that.

Exactly. Two sober guys with lots of training vs a drunkerd shouldn't have resorted to this.

~reasonable human being~???? He was Drunk & Disorderly, the latter by disrupting the Law Enforcement Officers WORK. Had he Not Been Drunk, most likely he would not have been arrested... That is ~reasonable~!!!!

As unkempt as the suspect was, had he broken skin, as he clawed the LEO, who knows what Contamination to the Officer might have happened... For instance, had the drunk deficated earlier, and not washed his hands... The Biological Contamination from a finger clawing incident, would be worse than one would think.

~Advantage~ ???? Yes, the LEO had advantage!!! I would hope that ANY LEO, dealing with a Drunk, would have "Advatage", And Use It.

I have little, Very LITTLE compassion, for those who get so drunk, that they place themselves in the Position, To Be Arrested!!!

As much as we could see in the entire video, the LEO used just enough force, to subdue, had I been on a jury, for the incident (if it went to court, rtc.) I was say the LEO was innocent...

There was MINIMUM violent Re-action, to an attack upon the Officer.

philip

While I have NO sympathy for the drunk you have to remember what century it is we live in here. The real "problem" with this is it gets good Cops hurt. I deal with guys like this drunk all the time. As tempting as it may be to beat them down that is not the way to do it. It is totally unnecessary if you have some training, which the LEO surely did. Video's like this are used as an excuse for others to attack all Cops.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top