JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
One of the most troubling things about this to me is the nonchalance with which the cops discuss this. They make it sound pretty routine. I'm certainly not hearing any surprise (let alone shock or outrage) from the other cops that this cop is planning to falsify a report.

Seems like every time we come across a Cops-Go-Bad story, we have to hear about how this is just an isolated incident, not the norm, and not reflective of how cops in general behave. But you add up enough of these where they DO get caught (always by accident -- microphone left open; citizen with videocam, etc.) and it paints a different picture. You start to think that maybe the iceberg is more substantial below the surface.

In a "clean" department, the guys sort of "police" each other, maintining a high standard of integrity and service. But when a few bad apples begin to cheat, it seems to spread throughout the department, or at least large parts of it. Then we have a situation where this sort of scum have risen to the surface and abuse their power. It usually takes an incident like this, or Rodney King, or whatever, to bring the dark creepy things into the light. Trouble often is, though, the governments above the police forces are so afraid of losing their own power, or finding nefarious activity on their watch, it becomes a "cover my backside" operation...... and it is most often covered up, shuffled to the side, or obfuscated by a bogus, costly "investigation".

Funny, though, why does it seem most of such corruption seems to be in the forces of large cities..... San Francisco, Los Angeles, Chicago, New York, Miami, Seattle, Portland..... but rarely in smaller cities and towns? Maybe because the chain of accountability in large cities is so cumbersome, and subject to corruption itself.

Sad, but it does seem the lion's share of police and court activity revolves around revenue collection, rather than actually protecting citizens and bringing criminals to justice. Thus the "fee schedule" you related in the Newport Beach scenario. I've read recently how various municipalities are feeling the crunch as people drive less, thus qualify for fewer tickets. Revenue from fines then goes down, and cops get more aggressive in "looking for" "violations". A sad thing that cities depend on "crime" to pay their expenses. A major reshuffling lies ahead as times get tighter. And look for ever hungrier cops, increased fines.... best practice is to drive so as not to feed the bears......

I think those cops should be looking at doing some time. That should be unbelievable, but I feel in our society today we are starting to expect corruption and it is taking some of the shocking sting out of stories like this one.

Also to comment on the police depending on ticket revenue. It is ridiculous that they depend on it. When I drive down to California I see up to 10 CHP just going down to Redding. And they are usually busy on the side of the road writing tickets. I remember about 6 years ago the CHP were giving people tickets for going 1 mile over the speed limit on I-5. How can we expect them to be fair and to carry out the law when they so depend on the money of tickets and fines (etc.) (I don't think this was the case with the cops from the video though. They were just corrupt jerks preying on the weak.)

These cops should go to jail
but you know that they wont.....
so there is no incentive for cops to change from the illegal stuff they do
and yet in court they are considered to be always right... what a farce
E

They should go to jail for sure. This kind of stuff angers me to no end. I think it happens a lot more than we know. Most laws were originally written to protect the wealthy and powerful. It is hard for the average guy to deal with the law. It takes a average years salary to hire a attorney to fight even fairly petty charges. If you go to traffic court, many times it is your word against the cops. The problem is that they give extra weight to the word of the officer just because he is a officer. That is a mistake in my opinion.

I know a lot of guys that are cops. It seems to me that there is about an even mix of guys who go into the job trying to make a difference, and guys that are power hungry control freaks. The problem is that many of the cops, no matter what their motive for starting into that career, seem to become bitter. They deal with the worst humans have to offer constantly, and it takes it's toll.

I think that we should get the police back to the public servants that they are supposed to be instead of the tax collectors that they are. Look around. The police are hugely busy writing out petty traffic fines most of the time. We are revenue to them. That isn't how it is supposed to be. To protect and to serve. Hmmm. They should never have quotas to fill for giving out traffic fines and all of that kind of garbage. That is my 2 cents anyhow.

When I was a young buck I started dating a girl I had known for quite some time. Her "godfather' was a local police officer. He didn't care for me much apparently. Not sure why. I was a hard working kid that didn't get in much trouble ever. Sure, I had a rowdy side. You can't be raised in a logging company without one, but I was a pretty good kid. LOL. Anyhow, he started pulling me over and giving me a lot of crap every time he saw me. One night one my way home from wrestling practice, he pulled me over, jerked me out of my car and slammed me against the side of it. He then started going through my car searching it. He even went through my trunk! I was ignorant of my rights at the time, and the limits of police power. I was really getting concerned with the whole situation and wasn't sure how to handle it. I talked to one of his superiors. It didn't do any good at all. Well thankfully the situation remedied itself. One day he was gone from the force. Apparently he got in trouble, along with another officer for failure to turn in confiscated drugs and cash from a bust. The scary thing is that I heard he is now working as a police officer in a different area!

These cops should go to jail
but you know that they wont.....
so there is no incentive for cops to change from the illegal stuff they do
and yet in court they are considered to be always right... what a farce
E

It seems the cops in America are now above the law!

About an hour ago some VPD officer just locked himself out of his car.. hahaha

And VPD just got a call for a black male in fatigues (dressed in green) siting a bench 6th & Washington and going to go check him out? So I guess wearing fatigues warrants being harassed by the cops.

If you were to get a police scanner and listen you will here all sorts of crap the cops pull and say over the radio. The public ones on the internet just scan dispatch so almost useless for hearing good stuff like SWAT, SERT, Vice, Drug & Gang Task Forces, You would not believe how many cars in Clark County And PDX have tracking devices installed and get followed.

Clark County Sheriffs Office, is known for following a car for miles waiting for the driver to slip up or targeting older or ugly vehicles or youthful drivers.

Now, I have herd WSP say they are under orders to issue 500 or more tickets on their shift then everyone they pull over gets a ticket you can tell when it's happening the freq. get really busy.

Then you have the cops that stand on the corner looking for anything to issue a ticket or suspicious vehicles. Whats suspicious? Teens driving nice cars? Tint may be to dark? A bumper sticker the cop don't like? Many times they pull someone over for being suspicious just to look the car over for defective equipment or to harass the driver/passangers.

No wonder in places where police corruption is big scanners are outlawed...

http://www.afn.org/~afn09444/scanlaws/scanner5.html

If they do go to jail/prison they would be PC (Protective Custody) there are huge bonus points for "punkin' " and ex-cop.

I am going to make a prediction here; this case and cases like them will be used as an argument to Federalize all Law Enforcement, just like our Euro-cousins, much easier to execute orders to disarm the U.S. of A. populace with Federalized L.E.

I also feel "Licensed" health care providers, counselors, social workers and school teachers will be Federalized in the future, maybe not under BHO but he will get the ball rolling. I do feel that we will hear pro-arguments from DEMs in Congress and Non-Gov organizations crying for change.

Just my rant and believe me I can go on explaining my reasons why for the above.

SF-

They should go to jail for sure. This kind of stuff angers me to no end. I think it happens a lot more than we know.

I know a lot of guys that are cops. It seems to me that there is about an even mix of guys who go into the job trying to make a difference, and guys that are power hungry control freaks. The problem is that many of the cops, no matter what their motive for starting into that career, seem to become bitter. They deal with the worst humans have to offer constantly, and it takes it's toll.

I think that we should get the police back to the public servants that they are supposed to be instead of the tax collectors that they are. Look around. The police are hugely busy writing out petty traffic fines most of the time. We are revenue to them. That isn't how it is supposed to be. To protect and to serve. Hmmm. They should never have quotas to fill for giving out traffic fines and all of that kind of garbage. That is my 2 cents anyhow.

When I was a young buck, I started dating a girl I had know for quite some time. Her "godfather" was a local cop. He didn't seem to like me much. I am not sure why. I was a hardworking kid that didn't get in trouble much at all. Sure I had a bit of a rowdy side, but you can't be raised working in a logging company without one. LOL. In any case, this guy started pulling me over and harassing me every time he saw me.

One night on my way home from wrestling practice, he pulled me over. He threw my door open and jerked me out and slammed me against my car. He went through my entire car including the trunk! There was nothing to find, with the exception of my compound bow that was in my trunk. He actually asked me if I had any other lethal weapons in my car. I didn't. At the time, I was completely ignorant of my rights and the limits of police power. I was really worried though. I did talk to a guy that was on the police department who was above him. It didn't do any good.

Thankfully, the situation remedied itself. One day he was gone from the department. Apparently, he had gotten in a bit of trouble for failure to turn in confiscated drugs and money along with another local officer! The scary part is that I was told that he is working as a officer in another location right now! My situation was fairly minor compared to some that I have heard of. I got a small taste of how bad things could be though.

Contract Pilot
I can tell you some stories about Vancouvers law enforcement.

However in this missive i will stick to one subject you mentioned

The Bumper Beeper as they are referred to.

These are small flat round magnetic transponders
about the size and thickness of,,, say an old half dollar

They are magnetized and are usually placed on the frame of your vehicle out of line of sight.

They send a pulse generated signal to receivers in some patrol units.

These, as C/P pointed out, are for tracking your vehicle.

The tech was purposed for tracking known criminals suspected of ongoing criminal enterprize.

However, as with any tech in the hands of such criminal minded LEO's, these are misused.

In a Vendetta, a cop and his buddies attached a few of these to my Vehicles
in a blatant case of Targeting.

I am a mechanic, and noticing a great deal of unwarranted attention whenever i drove, i suspected a tracking device was indeed installed on my vehicle.

Having some familiarity with spy tech apparatus myself, i scanned my vehicle with a frequency finder.

I detected the device and removed it, placed it in my tool box and waited.

A few days later, a cop in civies showed up explaining he had a need to borrow a magnet from me.
Hoping by chance that i would believe what i found and removed was nothing more then an arrant magnet, hmmmm,,, HA!

I produced the bumper beeper and asked: will this do?
He snatched it , turned and said: yeah,,, thanks man.

As he began to walk away, I blurted out the phrase Bumper Beeper.

and stated: You Know, a federal officer investigating some uniforms told me to keep that handy for him.

WHITE was never as WHITE as that officers face.

Contract Pilot, i can well assure you that i agree with you on some points.
I can as well assure you just as emphatically,,, That John Q Public is so apathetic toward such events, that by that apathy, such events shall carrry on unabated.

Careful guys infraction time for saying anything bad about "groups" of people

On this board when I first joined, I said something about a cop lying on the stand and in documents, I proved it in court, and the judge ignored it and told me to change the subject and they struck it from the record. (The cop messed up his story and after some math work on the white board I proved that if his numbers were correct I would have been going 262 mph!!! I still was found "guilty" of 9mph over due to the same exact LIDAR reading was written on multiple tickets that same day which is impossible. Sure he lied under oath and every one there knew it. In the end I was still the sucker with no law degree, large campaign contributions, or a badge.

I brought it up on this board and was given a 5pt infraction.

90% bad 10% good in my experience. They are to help those with more money and power to get you to do want (pay taxes and consume goods) and that's all. For example, does the fire department keep you house from lighting on fire? - No LEOs have very little impact on stopping violent and property crimes before it happens.

So I"m sure this was an isolated incident.

Contract Pilot
I can tell you some stories about Vancouvers law enforcement.

However in this missive i will stick to one subject you mentioned

The Bumper Beeper as they are referred to.

These are small flat round magnetic transponders
about the size and thickness of,,, say an old half dollar

They are magnetized and are usually placed on the frame of your vehicle out of line of sight.

They send a pulse generated signal to receivers in some patrol units.

These, as C/P pointed out, are for tracking your vehicle.

The tech was purposed for tracking known criminals suspected of ongoing criminal enterprize.

I wonder what frequancy they transmit on? if there are any tech doc's on modern ones? Will be searching google for sure..

Then we have a situation where this sort of scum have risen to the surface and abuse their power. It usually takes an incident like this, or Rodney King, or whatever, to bring the dark creepy things into the light.

ROdney King, oh lets not go there. He was a drug addict, high on PCP or some other substance of that nature, and resisting arrest. The officers kept telling him to stay down so they can cuff him and he refused. The same guy got busted recently for beating his wife almost to death. TOtal BS..

Yes, I can see this is a rag on the police thread, but at least you can be objective in your criticisms. Every one is happy to trash the police over Rodney King, a criminal, but nobody cares what happen to Reginal Denny. Rodney King's injuries were not permanent, but Denny's were and the guy's who beat him only got like 3 years in prison.

BTW.. A lot of police have pretty nasty jobs and have to work in the darkest, crappiest places on the earth, where you rather not have to be. Its true there are bad apples and I have dealt with some crooked cops. Portland Police has a bad reputation, but they also have been one of the most effective police forces in controlling crime in this country.

Problem is, in some major cities lot of criminals also manage to get into the police force and work in conjunction with gangs and drug dealers. I saw a police as a lookout man for some crack dealers when I was in San Francisco.

Even though I see these horrors, I still have lot of respect for the many police who are working hard to try their best to protect all these sheep who feel too scared to protect themselves. Try knocking on some stranger's door, who was reported to have been threatening people. You never know if he will blast you. Look at what happened to the Pittsburgh police.

I am kind of sad to see a thread here that totally rags on police and fails to look into the good deeds they do. Although, being a victim of police corruption myself in the past I do relate to people. However, I wont vent my anger out on every police officer in this country. We should spend more time blaming the bureaucracy than the servant of it.

Can only speak for myself here, but I have respect for the police in general. I respect what they are supposed to do and what many officers in our country do (serve their community), I do not regard the institution of the police force or the government bureaucracy that rules and regulates them with much if any respect. I agree they have to deal with the scum of society daily and can empathize with them for that, but that is no excuse to abuse their power and become what they are supposed to defend against.

I for sure am not ragging on all police. I think that there are many good people out there who are police officers. I think that there are also cops who aren't. They are just people. There are good and bad people in every walk of life. The problem is that police officers are given power that makes it much more of a problem when they are corrupt than the average person.

I don't see this thread as bashing all cops. The topic of it just promotes discussion about the problems with bad cops. The system needs to work a little bit better to weed out the undesirables.

Careful guys infraction time for saying anything bad about "groups" of people

Hi A2theK

Simply to clarify,
In my use of the term "WHITE", this is used as verbal illustration of Blood leaving the face during shock.

Which was the reaction of the Corrupt cop when i let leak the fact the he and his fellow group of Officers involved with Organized crime were under surveillance during their time spent in Harassment of me and others whom were privy to their illegal exploits.

To further clarify, i am a white male hominid , born to a planet, within the confines of the Pull of a star referred to as The Sun, That Sun is a slight particle of gaseous construct, which itself is a minor article in a much wider Galaxy.

That Galaxy in turn, is itself a minor attribute of a much more expansive unit
commonly referred to as " The Universe".

That Universe as we suppose it to be, is perhaps nothing more then a very minor element of an even larger, yet not known by us, Element that we have not a direct reference for as yet.

Multi-Verse i believe may be the current term for such.

When at anytime the phrase " GROUP OF PEOPLE" is used to describe any certain set of Hominids, i surely must question the motivation which propitiated the feeling of need to even have such terminology.

Such Terms are, by my introspection, created by minds stunted in their
evolution to higher thought processes.

Though current fashion has set the pace for these terms to be acceptable descriptions,, I however refrain from that acceptance.

Human events of these Hominids known as Earthlings by some, has pretty much been dismal, Historically, Power Mongering, selfangrandizing, greed driven consciousness of corrupt and shallow Hominids have been the controlling persona throughout that Human Experience.

Justice is not just a concept.
It is more then an Act
Justice has it's own progenitor .

That Mother of Justice is Righteous Consciousness , or to yet use another phrase,,, The evolved higher mind.

In this text, One can assume i have GROUPED every person who ever lived or died together in one Global Group.

Further, in that grouping as i have described it, That Group of Hominids by it's own standard of Justice,,,, is wanting in a far greater context then my limited vernacular could possibly attach a verbal illustration upon.

By my own dictate above, i concede that i am guilty of verbal assault directed at a Group.

Interesting is the fact, that i am as well, a member of that GROUP that i am bashing.
Rog'

...The problem is that police officers are given power that makes it much more of a problem when they are corrupt than the average person.

Exactly. That is my premise as well. Call it a problem with authority, but is is exactly the reason why people came to the New World (and killed off all the natives too, .etc. etc) to start over. Cynical it may be, but ignorance of our current situation and complacency will be our undoing.

I think that any time you have a human control another human there is corruption.

What you you all think about Natural Law?

I don't have a problem with this thread, it's a viable discussion, but I do need to move it to Off Topic since it's not firearm related.

I've never had a bad experience with law enforcement, so I can't comment on the topic. However, I do want to say that the few of you saying or implying that 'all cops are bad' are making a mistake by generalizing any group of people that way.

I want to believe thatmost police officers are good and want to help and serve the people. I am sure they get frusstrated wen there hands are tied or the law prevents them from doing what should be done. The crimanal seems to have more rights and when the police do something there case has to be air tight.
That being said. I think when something like this happens they need to take action and do something. Fire them with no chance of being a cop again, convict them or something. When things like this do happen it just makes them all look bad to the public.
I dont know how there fellow peers. Maybe they would like to see something happen too but it ends up being political.
It is funny how mostthings end up being political when most people just want justice and not a bunch of b.s.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top