JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I hope if they get sent to prison and that the county/city/state over turn every citation/conviction that was made with the officers involved and refund tickets that have been paid along with compensation for any time served, attorneys fees, lost wages, mental stress, etc... these bad cops must have been doing this for years. They need to be used as an example for depriving honest citizens of their liberty!

A cop in my eyes is just a armed, power hungry, tax collector... I here them on the scanner all day breaking the rules.

Yet (I'd wager) they'd be the FIRST ONE'S you'd call if you were in a serious crisis...

I agree with you to an extent, there are a few who are bad apples, but the vast majority are good guys trying to make a difference within the bounds their Dept. policies, politicians, and lawyers bind them in... :(

Yet (I'd wager) they'd be the FIRST ONE'S you'd call if you were in a serious crisis...

I agree with you to an extent, there are a few who are bad apples, but the vast majority are good guys trying to make a difference within the bounds their Dept. policies, politicians, and lawyers bind them in... :(

Don't even get started down that road, we just didcussed this in another thread. COPS would be the last to get my call.

TS

I hope if they get sent to prison and that the county/city/state over turn every citation/conviction that was made with the officers involved and refund tickets that have been paid along with compensation for any time served, attorneys fees, lost wages, mental stress, etc...

thats why it will never goto any court

when its all said and done they wont even lose there jobs and she will be payed off with your money

WOW!! That's a lot to come out of someones mouth.

On a side note...I completely disagree.

Back to the topic. The officers should get fired for what they did.

I think more than fired... look at the harm they may have caused that poor girl! she may have lost her employment, fines, canceled insurance, towed vehicle, impound fees, etc.

I had a friend that was arrested for something stupid and proved his innocence at trial... still he lost his job, had a huge bill for an attorney, and now facing foreclosure!

Reason he lost his job is he sat in jail for 2 weeks waiting on bail reduction!

Reason for the large attorney bill is the public pretender could not be contacted he had to put his home up for collateral.

While out on bail they had him on Electronic Home Monitoring 2am phone calls he could not even check his own mail or look for work...

Now tell me making crap up cannot destroy the life of a person... these cops should get life or the death penalty..

The police understand most people cannot afford to fight a charge and a public pretender is about useless as gun with out ammo.. plea plea plea!

I think if you do have the money to afford a real defense and are found not guilty the state or arresting cop should pay damages!

I'm 100% with Contract Pilot on that last line..... the system does seem a bit lopsided.... those who have to pay huge sums and suffer other consequences from false charges ought to be compensated. If THIS starts happening more regularly, more cops would lose their jobs... too many bogus raps on one guy, and he's beating the streets again... looking for a REAL job. And jurisdictions would take extra care to do their research on a case far enough in advance of court time theyd get a better sense of how its going to go.... and dismiss the shakey ones.

I got run up on false charges once by a gang of Portland cops looking for some fun one night..... after they left, I got mad, got out my camera, took a set of photos to show MY side the story. When I showed up in traffic court, the arresting cop was nowhere to be found..... the judge had to dismiss it. At least I had decided to stand for myself, so no lawyer's fees. Just the day's time wasted and travel. I was still rather peeved...... I was ready to make a monkey out of that cop. SHould have said something to the judge, though... about how they tried baiting me into violence (there were six of them, three carloads), were extremely insulting and vicious..... but, this happened just a couple months after one of Portland's Finest had shot dead a young unarmed man walking away from a bus stop....... I never could learn of any particular reason he was shot..... seemed to be a misunderstanding of some sort, and the cop got trigger happy. Mid afternoon, sunny day, dead kid...... I figured if I didn't put a cork into my ears and shut up and take it, they'd have venitlated me... or at least ripped me out of the van and gotten rough with me. that was the talk I overheard out my window..... it was cold enough out they likely figured I had it shut, and so could not hear them. Wish I'd had a recording of their talk..... their intentions were very clear..... and not pretty.

when cops get out of line, it is bad..... VERY bad.

I got run up on false charges once by a gang of Portland cops looking for some fun one night..... after they left, I got mad, got out my camera, took a set of photos to show MY side the story. When I showed up in traffic court, the arresting cop was nowhere to be found..... the judge had to dismiss it.

Now you still lost money! usually a days wages, gas, parking, stress...

that's why a lot of tickets are only a hundred or so bucks most people will pay them instead of take a day off work. They also make it to where it will cost more to fight it with proper legal council then it would be just to pay it.

Wow, I just saw the video. That's scary stuff. I always see stuff like that in movies and hope that never happens in real life. Reality is that it does.

I think if you do have the money to afford a real defense and are found not guilty the state or arresting cop should pay damages!

I remember once going to traffic court in Newport Beach, CA. and the gentleman infront of me had an attorney for a speeding ticket. Keep in mind Newport Beach is an "upscale" area. The officer ticketed for going 65 in a 45 I believe but did not clock the guy on the radar gun. It went something like this.

Attorney: How did you know my client was going 65 mph?

Officer: I was parked in the parking lot when he sped by and I could hear the engine in his porsche racing.

Attorney: Did you clock it on your radar gun?

Officer: No.

Attorney: Where did you recieve training to tell the speed of a car from the sound of the engine?

Officer: I have not.

(ouch, burn! The attorney asked a few more of these questions like the last one and made the cop look like a total idiot. Finally the judge interrupted and removed all charges.)

It was cool to see because he did it to prove a point, you know the cost of the attorney was more than a speeding ticket. Truth is that if it was me in that situation I would of had to pay the fine because I cannot afford an attorney and paying the ticket would of been the cheapest way out.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top