JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm new to ARs and have been saving for one for a while and trying to research what to buy. Last night I picked one and I'm suffering some slight buyer's remorse.

I bought a Sharp's 20" HBAR flat-top .223/5.56 with a 1/9 twist. I vacillated between a 16" and 20" for a bit, but decided I'd like the additional versatility of the extra velocity and longer sight radius. But maybe it's not that big of a difference? It is heavier and more cumbersome to maneuver (although I haven't even shot a full mag through it yet).

Any thoughts? How do people feel about the 20" vs. 16", is there a significant difference?

If worse comes to worse, I guess I can sell/trade for something else.

Thanks.

Well I can not say if you messed up or not, only you can. I have AR's from 6" to 24" and in-between. Each are a bit different and for different uses.

For me for an all around AR if I could only choose one I would choose an standard 20" A2.

I'm new to ARs and have been saving for one for a while and trying to research what to buy. Last night I picked one and I'm suffering some slight buyer's remorse.

I bought a Sharp's 20" HBAR flat-top .223/5.56 with a 1/9 twist. I vacillated between a 16" and 20" for a bit, but decided I'd like the additional versatility of the extra velocity and longer sight radius. But maybe it's not that big of a difference? It is heavier and more cumbersome to maneuver (although I haven't even shot a full mag through it yet).

Any thoughts? How do people feel about the 20" vs. 16", is there a significant difference?

If worse comes to worse, I guess I can sell/trade for something else.

Thanks.

Papa Tony,

What are you going to use it for, target practice, home defense, competition shooting?

If it's your first AR, I don't really see much of a concern as regards to barrel length. As, in my opinion, the important factors are fit, finish, fuction and the ability to add accessories as originally planned.

So with that being said, with the AR platform, the sky's the limit as far as making changes and what not. As long as your happy with the manufacturer of the upper and lower, the extra 4" of barrel should be of little consequence unless this is your sole home defense gun and your abode has really narrow hallway's you'll run into or you originally wanted an AR pistol and picked up this one instead as a impulse purchase?...and who hasn't ever bought a firearm on that dang old impulse monster.... ;-)

JMHO

Billy

so I assume its a rifle length gas system? If so then ya, better sight radius/velocity at the expense of weight. You could always swap out the barrell and gas system or even a complete upper for another if you desire. I shoot both them all and I like my 16 the most, but its all personal preferance.

1009101443a.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads