Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

BAD: Another Home Invasion (and steals gun safe)

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by accessbob, May 22, 2012.

1. accessbob

accessbob Molalla, OR 2A Supporter

2. Burt Gummer

Burt Gummer Portland Completely Out of Ammo

Bolt it down.

ATCclears and (deleted member) like this.
  3. osterr1999

osterr1999 Silverton, OR Active Member

It's also a good reason not to live in North Portland.

sheepdip and (deleted member) like this.
  4. accessbob

accessbob Molalla, OR 2A Supporter

While it did happen there, just remember that the better neighborhoods have been getting hit either at the same rate or higher. The better the neighborhood, the likelihood that there will be better merchandise and more cash for them to steal. I'd be more prone to avoiding North Portland due to bullets flying than Home Invasions.

Cougfan2 and (deleted member) like this.
  5. osterr1999

osterr1999 Silverton, OR Active Member

Let me restate that. That's why it is better not to live anywhere near Portland if you have a choice. I realize it is a nice place to live, but cities have problems that are very rare outside of them.

6. sheepdip

sheepdip Redland Well-Known Member

I`m betting it wasn`t a gun safe at all. more likely a cabinet or some kind of locker. there is no way that three people are going to pickup and carry my safe away, and it is one of the smaller ones.

7. Cougfan2

Cougfan2 Hillsboro, OR Well-Known Member

When they say "large gun safe", what the heck does that mean? To some people the cheapo StackOn safe that I bought for my son would qualify as a "large gun safe", although I could sling it over my shoulder with my son's guns inside of it and walk out of the garage with it.

8. Swedish K

Swedish K SW Washington Moderator Staff Member

So the criminals are getting a bit smarter now... I remember when I lived in a nice neighborhood and across the freeway was a ghetto part of town - strange how robberies were about 5x higher where there wasn't much worth stealing than a mile away. Either way I'm glad not to live in a big city any more and if someone wants to try that here they would have a better chance at going to the morgue or hospital than actually finding and stealing the safe.

9. lamrith

lamrith tacoma Active Member

I was thinking the same thing.. I can't see someone carting off a couple hundred pound "Real" safe. but a security cabinet like the $120 ones @ Cabellas would be no big deal.

Grunwald and (deleted member) like this.
  10. Grunwald

Grunwald Out of that nut job colony of Seattle, WA Well-Known Member

It would take an effort for them to get mine out as well. Not only does the empty safe weigh a few hundred pounds, but then I have enough full ammo cans at the bottom of it to add even more weight.

11. kenboy

kenboy salem, oregon GOD BLESS AMERICA Bronze Supporter

Lagged into concrete, they'd have to cut mine in half

12. cetme

cetme oregon city Member

why would someone target them ?sounds strange to me.probably had drugs or weed in the safe

13. Cougfan2

Cougfan2 Hillsboro, OR Well-Known Member

Exactly! It took three of us to move my safe off the truck into my garage EMPTY, let alone filled with guns and several thousand rounds of ammo.

If one or two guys could move my safe out of the garage without a tow chain or forklift, they're welcome to it. I don't want to mess with them!

Grunwald and (deleted member) like this.
  14. eganx

eganx Kingston WA Active Member

Sound like stick up guys robbed a stash house or a dealer.......I bet there was a lot more than "guns" in that safe.

15. marty8587

marty8587 NE Portland Active Member

At least in N. Portlnd you know what your gonna get. I've been out fishing and shooting in Gods Country and seen some pretty scary tweakers show up out of nowhere!

Last edited: May 23, 2012