JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It's also a good reason not to live in North Portland.
While it did happen there, just remember that the better neighborhoods have been getting hit either at the same rate or higher. The better the neighborhood, the likelihood that there will be better merchandise and more cash for them to steal. I'd be more prone to avoiding North Portland due to bullets flying than Home Invasions.

Let me restate that. That's why it is better not to live anywhere near Portland if you have a choice. I realize it is a nice place to live, but cities have problems that are very rare outside of them.

I`m betting it wasn`t a gun safe at all. more likely a cabinet or some kind of locker. there is no way that three people are going to pickup and carry my safe away, and it is one of the smaller ones.

When they say "large gun safe", what the heck does that mean? To some people the cheapo StackOn safe that I bought for my son would qualify as a "large gun safe", although I could sling it over my shoulder with my son's guns inside of it and walk out of the garage with it.

While it did happen there, just remember that the better neighborhoods have been getting hit either at the same rate or higher. The better the neighborhood, the likelihood that there will be better merchandise and more cash for them to steal. I'd be more prone to avoiding North Portland due to bullets flying than Home Invasions.

So the criminals are getting a bit smarter now... I remember when I lived in a nice neighborhood and across the freeway was a ghetto part of town - strange how robberies were about 5x higher where there wasn't much worth stealing than a mile away. Either way I'm glad not to live in a big city any more and if someone wants to try that here they would have a better chance at going to the morgue or hospital than actually finding and stealing the safe.

When they say "large gun safe", what the heck does that mean? To some people the cheapo StackOn safe that I bought for my son would qualify as a "large gun safe", although I could sling it over my shoulder with my son's guns inside of it and walk out of the garage with it.

I was thinking the same thing.. I can't see someone carting off a couple hundred pound "Real" safe. but a security cabinet like the $120 ones @ Cabellas would be no big deal.

I was thinking the same thing.. I can't see someone carting off a couple hundred pound "Real" safe. but a security cabinet like the $120 ones @ Cabellas would be no big deal.

It would take an effort for them to get mine out as well. Not only does the empty safe weigh a few hundred pounds, but then I have enough full ammo cans at the bottom of it to add even more weight.

It would take an effort for them to get mine out as well. Not only does the empty safe weigh a few hundred pounds, but then I have enough full ammo cans at the bottom of it to add even more weight.

Exactly! It took three of us to move my safe off the truck into my garage EMPTY, let alone filled with guns and several thousand rounds of ammo.

If one or two guys could move my safe out of the garage without a tow chain or forklift, they're welcome to it. I don't want to mess with them!

At least in N. Portlnd you know what your gonna get. I've been out fishing and shooting in Gods Country and seen some pretty scary tweakers show up out of nowhere!

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads