JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I purchased some .223 ammo at a gun show about a year ago. I had a couple of misfires (1 in 12). I purchased a large amount (500 rounds) and I have about 200 left. The problem is I went shooting last weekend and the misfires turned into (1 in 6). I ended up having to unjam my rifle and download once or twice per magazine. I have pretty much declared the ammunition bad. The problem is how do I dispose of it? Does anyone know of a place I can turn the ammunition in at? I just want it disposed of before I have something bigger than a misfire. Thanks.

Justin
(sailordawg)

Is it brass cased / reloadable? if it is someone might want to disassemble the ammo and reuse the cases and projectiles. If it is steel cased i don't know what to tell ya. Maybe check with your local gun shop?

Is it brass cased / reloadable? if it is someone might want to disassemble the ammo and reuse the cases and projectiles. If it is steel cased i don't know what to tell ya. Maybe check with your local gun shop?

Yes it is brass cased I just personally do not know anyone in the area that reloads. I will check with Keiths they are just up the road.

Give it to some of those morons that like to build huge campfires, drink gallons of beer or tequila (sometimes both at the same time), play their radios real loud, all while out camping (or pretending they're hunting). It's a given that one of those fools will end up throwing a few of those "duds" in the fire. Maybe it will "thin the herd" somewhat:s0155::s0155:

Just out of curiosity, was this the only ammo you shot when the problems occured? Otherwise, it could be a hang-up with your AR - lube, springs, etc. If your AR is also used for SD, with only a few hundred rounds left, it could be a good opportunity to practice problem and clearance drills.

I've had similar experiences with the bulk-reloaded ammo from the gun show. Varying powder weights and types being the problem. Friend bought some .40 and the charges over a 30 round sample that I pulled down went from 7gr to 9gr. Cases and bullets were the same, but the powder variance was just wonky.

As stated before go ahead and either sell it on here as components or donate it as the same.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top