JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
i think members should be more admit about giving people who back out of deals with no explanation negative feedback. theres is 2 members i would like to pin negative feedback on ASAP.

I agree 100%. The same thing has happened to me and I have passed up potential buyers. I left negative feedback for those people. If they want to retaliate with negative feedback on me, I really don't care. People who know me won't take a second glance at thier feedback.

ive back out of one deal just the other day with explanation. also i tied up all 3 of the LCP's while back and that was a misunderstanding but people saying they willl buy it and then u never hear from them again or people sayin they will sell it to u then u never hear from them again. wat a joke

It's kinda of funny to me.
I thought that if you posted an item for sale here that you should at least check the thread for an offer to buy prior to making the sale off site on the chance that someone here beat your other 'customer' to the offer. After all, posting it here is an offer to sell and first come first served seems to be the most fair method of transacting. At least that is how I operate when selling something on the web.
But seems that some folks want to knock someone who backs out of a sale, but not be tied to selling to first 'i'll take it' responders if they just happen to have a convenient buyer off site.
I don't claim to be a rocket scientist but this seems a little bit of having it both ways.
By the way, this happened to be very recently and I didnt leave negative feedback.
To me, benefit of the doubt is a good operating system and keeps us from having to deal with all kinds of rules. But abuse of our relaxed system will probably, eventually mess that up for everyone.
I am not defending tire kickers who selfishly back out of deals and tie up folks merchandise etc... But both sides need to be considered here IMHO, they both important.

i think the problem is the guys who say "i'll take it" then fall off the planet.

not the tire kickers . tire kickers are fine its better they ask a bunch of questions then think about then research or consult the wife what ever before saying "I'll take it"

and personally i don't have a problem if some one has jumped the gun to get a foot in the door as long as they lmk before the end of the day that they made a mistake and are sorry.

its the ones you have to email a week later and have to say Do you still want it ? and they say "oh sorry i don't need it any more" or "i found another one" or so chickenpoop they just don't reply.

I have only had this issue only once on this board and that guy got canned recently for being a arse.

and there is a flip side to this like sellers who post something and change their mind after telling them you'll take it just because they posted it too cheap or decide to sell to someone else who offers more or suddenly a friend wants to buy it . this has happened to me twice on this board.

thing every one needs to keep in mind is classifieds are what they are and some people are like dandruff

when i run into one i just move along life's too short to worry about it .

It's kinda of funny to me.
I thought that if you posted an item for sale here that you should at least check the thread for an offer to buy prior to making the sale off site on the chance that someone here beat your other 'customer' to the offer. After all, posting it here is an offer to sell and first come first served seems to be the most fair method of transacting. At least that is how I operate when selling something on the web.
But seems that some folks want to knock someone who backs out of a sale, but not be tied to selling to first 'i'll take it' responders if they just happen to have a convenient buyer off site.
I don't claim to be a rocket scientist but this seems a little bit of having it both ways.
By the way, this happened to be very recently and I didnt leave negative feedback.
To me, benefit of the doubt is a good operating system and keeps us from having to deal with all kinds of rules. But abuse of our relaxed system will probably, eventually mess that up for everyone.
I am not defending tire kickers who selfishly back out of deals and tie up folks merchandise etc... But both sides need to be considered here IMHO, they both important.

Keep in mind that people use various methods of selling items. Depending on what I have for sale, I may have it listed on up to 6 sites (ie.. ebay, craiglist, NWFA, Outdoorstrader, and Guns America). There is good/bads doing this. Multiple emails and offers can sometimes get mixed up or lost in the shuffle. I always try my best to make everyone happy, but this is not always possible.

Another thing to keep in mind is you may not be the 1st responder to an ad by just posting in a thread. Many people, including myself contact people direct by phone, email, or PM. Sellers post thier phone #'s for a reason. If you really want an item, then you will call them. Not everyone has computer access 24/7.

This is what I put in place on MY website to help eleviate any problems.

These are not rules or regulations, but just some simple suggestions to ensure a smooth transaction.

1. Sellers - Posting a price is MOST desired but Best Offer is also acceptable with a starting price. Posting a price will keep you from getting low-ball offers. Research can be done on your own to establish a starting price without fishing the forum and then listing it on eBay. Give our members 1st shot at the item.

2. Sellers - Post pictures with a clear and accurate description. This way nothing unexpected comes up after the sale has been made.

3. Buyers - If you call "dibs", you better have the $$$$ and be able to complete the transaction the same day unless other arrangements have been made with the seller.

4. Buyers - When calling "dibs", don't leave a seller hanging for days on end only to back out. Some people count on a fast turn-a-round and may really need the money. Call dibs and contact the seller immidately.

5. Sellers - Once the item has sold please ship the item within 48 hrs unless you work out different terms with the buyer. Send the buyer a tracking # when the item ships and follow up with the buyer to see if they received the item and is please with it. Items can be shipped out of the 48 hr timeframe as long as it is posted with the original posting. Some people may only be able to ship once a week, but this needs to be disclosed.

6. Buyers/Sellers - Post feedback for each other as we all depend on feedback for successfull transaction. This can be added in the Seller/Buyer Reviews .

7. Anyone - Do not post negative statments in other peoples sale adds!

8. Buyers - When you call "dibs" follow that with a PM, Email or phone call.

9. Anyone - Please, No post jumping to sell a like item. Contact people directly.

10. Seller - Once the transaction has been completed with the buyer and everyone is happy please mark the post SOLD.

If we try and follow these simple guidelines, we should have smooth and successful transactions.

Keep in mind that people use various methods of selling items. Depending on what I have for sale, I may have it listed on up to 6 sites (ie.. ebay, craiglist, NWFA, Outdoorstrader, and Guns America). There is good/bads doing this. Multiple emails and offers can sometimes get mixed up or lost in the shuffle. I always try my best to make everyone happy, but this is not always possible.

Nobody faults anyone for being human. And I certainly sympathize with those that make this kind of thing an important part of their income. I can see how it could be a real PITA.
Just pointing out that the same benefit of the doubt could be extended to those that find themselves having to back out. Again, not defending those that do so thoughtlessly, but I would bet most have legitimate reasons for doing so.
If you happen to do a lot of transactions here, the odds are that a certain percentage of them are going to end up backing out.
Also, the person here posting an 'I'll take it' doesnt know all the details or places you have posted your particular item. So they are likely to feel shafted when in reality it was no fault of the seller. A disclaimer with for sale posts of this type might be a good way to avoid misunderstandings.

Most do have legitimate reasons for backing out, and I would never leave feedback on something like that.

It's the one's that leave you hanging. I had a guy call me and tell me he wanted it and was on his way over. I waited for 3 hours and he never showed or returned my numerous VM's. The same guy did this to me TWICE. After the 2nd time I gave him negative feedback, and have since seen him on this site. I also noted this in his feedback - He may be a great guy, but he left me hanging twice and i ended up passing on two other potential buyers. By the time I got back to the others, they had already bought something else.

I had a guy who posted up with "Sold! I'll take it!" (1st response to my post) and set up a deal with me. Then dropped right off the face of the earth. I left negative feed back, then he left me neg. feed back for me.:( What can ya do? Didn't want others getting hung out to dry.

they way to fix this so someone cant hit u back with a negative mark is go through the admin and make a mark called "no show" and only the admin can mark them for it.

This recently happened to the seller of some .357 Sig. Although I showed up to pick up my share, apparently the second box went unclaimed. It's a good thing that the seller had made dinner plans, so he didn't drive out there for no reason. I feel that the person who bailed very much deserves negative, unless there was a real reason.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top