JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I heard if you get pulled over with a CHL they will sometimes freak out ? Anyone have experience here ? I was considering one, but if I get pulled over for speeding or something I don't want to make anyone uneasy.

I heard if you get pulled over with a CHL they will sometimes freak out ? Anyone have experience here ? I was considering one, but if I get pulled over for speeding or something I don't want to make anyone uneasy.
Not true, I ride motorbikes a bunch and been pulled over many times for speeding and lane violations, my insurance is way up, but never had gun(s) drawn on me for a CHL. I also, have never been asked if there was knives or firearms in my backpack or tank bag. But I do hand over my driver's license and CHL at the same time, stacked on top of each other and let them know if I am carrying and where it is located. Most of the time I get a nod, I cannot recall ever a "thank you for that info". They haven't asked to see my firearm or anything and I get my IDs back and the ticket or let off with a warning. It has been more warnings than tickets.

I've never seen an officer freak out. I mean, they might if they see you doing sus stuff, but if you're patient, respectful, deliberate with your movements and courteous, you'll have the same experience you would if you didn't have your CPL.

I have a CHL, but when BGC is ran using that CHL ID number, I always get placed in the que. But when I use just my driver's license, I get near instant or a short wait (5-10 minutes). I only used my CHL twice until I found out that, that ID number slows down the process.
I bought a rifle at Keith's Sporting Goods in Gresham Tuesday morning. When they input my info, including CHL number, I was #9 out of 7000+. Took less than 30 minutes to get the approval.

Might've already been mentioned, My buddy who's a deputy sheriff told me that your CHL info comes through when they run your drivers license. They know by the time they approach your vehicle.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top