JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The "big backlog" excuse doesn't hold water for me. The Saturday before last I went in for a transfer and was told the cue was around 4500 and it would likely be a week before it got approved. Spoke to my dad who bought a rifle at Fisherman's this past Friday and picked it up on Saturday. Guess what? I'm still waiting. And no, he doesn't have a CHL.

No firearms dealer in the state is going to forego 3 day rule.

An inaccurate supposition/assumption/assertion.

My LGS has released TWO handguns to me while I was on delay (the first time it was for a full year). Of course, I live in a small town and he knows me personally. But that does give the lie to "no firearms dealer".

It could be worse, in ID it is common practice for private sellers to not sell to anybody w/o an ID carry license.

Last Edited:
Have they notified you you have been delayed? If so get in line and wait. I'm currently at 3 weeks with a perfect background and a CHL in my pocket. On the 23rd of Dec I was told to expect it to take until Feb 2. I'm annoyed.
Your dealer is an idiot. Any dumbass can open up a gun shop. Go somewhere else. I'm serious people. Do NOT spend a penny at any shop that does not release after 3 business days. They are a literal clown who is uneducated and in it for the money only.

Why did I write this crap uhhh. I cant delete either. There are many dealers who will. We just have to find them. Most are in eastern Oregon. Most gun stores now a days are ran by idiots. So I take back what I said. You can find shops that know federal and state law. If you are doing business at a shop that won't transfer after 3 business days then you are a part of the problem and you are a dumbass
You've never worked at gun store(FFL) have you? I have, most don't want to risk losing their FFL because they released a gun to someone they shouldn't have. Name one store in Oregon that will release in 3 days, you'll be hard pressed to find a single FFL in Oregon that does. Also your advice to get an FFL just for personal acquisition will get the ATF on your @ss but feel free to try it.

most don't want to risk losing their FFL because they released a gun to someone they shouldn't have. Name one store in Oregon that will release in 3 days, you'll be hard pressed to find a single FFL in Oregon that does.
I have heard of ONE and it was only because the LGS owner knew the customer on a personal level. Otherwise I agree - it would be an act of lunacy to release a gun to someone over a delayed BGC.

No amount of Rah Rah flag waiving over the '2A' would influence me to do it if I were an FFL. This ain't a time where 'push comes to shove'

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top