JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So last Thursday here in the Portland area, I purchased a Walther PPQ 22LR with threaded muzzle so I had another toy for my 22 can and I can't remember what place they said I was in line, but that it would be approximately a week. I have my CHL and I don't think I've ever waited more than 15 minutes since I've had it. I understand things are crazy right now and it's been about 8 months since my last purchase, but has anyone experienced this recently or know what else may be going on? It's not a big deal to me, I really just bought it for craps and giggles, but I was a bit surprised.

There is currently a thread on this subject:

But to answer your question the wait times are lengthy from a combination of CV19 panic buying and as of recent Riots/Protesting across the nation.
Some are getting instantly cleared while others are being told to come back in a week and its varied between the two, some who have cleared instantly have been told to wait a few days.

Everywhere is hit hard currently so its not locally contained. Online orders are back-ordered/delayed from high volumes. Prices are up on ammunition as well.

Supply an Demand

Its just the times we live in now. Panic buying is slowing the process down. Some people are getting Instant approval and others are waiting 4-5 days. I've heard having a CHL doesn't really help anymore.

Another problem I was informed of by a clerk at Bi-mart is that people have cleared their BGC's and been notified but never came and picked up their guns even after paying up front for it. I do not know the number of people doing this but it seems like a good way to stall FIC's checks in oregon with putting in unnecessary people to check if they aren't going to come back and claim the firearms.

It's just very surprising what chaos this has done to the logistics of getting a background check it's almost like every gun shot meets the dedicate one person to dust running the backlog of pile of guns waiting for clearer checks

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top